Warne's managerial start at Rotherham (it wasn't very good)

Bob The Badger

On 27/10/2022 at 10:45, AGR said:

Apparently 9 league games was enough for Rosenior.

He's got 4 games left.

I'd imagine the criteria for a manager on a long term contract is (One would hope!) significantly different to that given to and/or expected of, someone who was invited to take over on a purely temporary/interim basis?  ?‍♂️

On 27/10/2022 at 09:41, Ghost of Clough said:

You aren't the first to claim this, but what are you basing it on? Poor results? The majority of the people who don't think Warne should be manager are basing their opinion on much more than results. Style of play, damage to the academy, reducing the chances of keeping our academy graduates, dwindling attendances, the destruction of the feel good factor around the club, etc...

You forgot wearing a loud shirt in a built up area and walking on the cracks in the pavement.

Surprised he hasn't been blamed for global warming yet.

7 hours ago, Oldben said:

Why would you spend millions on a football team and give the job full time to a manager with no proper experience.

As the new owner, logic dictates you give the job to the best manager you can get which in derbys case is 3 time league one promotion manager pw.

Exactly, and that may have been in Clowes thinking 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wonder who he asked for advice on the appointment?

Does he have to have taken advice, does it need to be 1 person (I assume you are alluding to Pearson) he may have had lots of contact within the footballing world, or maybe non, it doesn't really matter.

If he'd of asked me, I'd have said we needed to play at a higher tempo and in the opposition half, which is probably closer to what Warne offers as a philosophy than Rosenior,  but that said, I would have also suggested Rosenior should be given time to see if he can get the team to play his way but more positively,  without risk in forwards passing. But he didn't, so its just my opinion.