Do Derby want Commons ?

red fever

Hey up ramblur,

Keep off the sauce mate. We need to you to keep a clear head and report on any dodgy financials..;)

I'll do the drinking...............you do the thinking...........:D

Yeh,but I have to know what it feels like to be in the red:D

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He reminds me of Jeff Chandler who looked a world beater at times.

Arthur Cox seemed to bully him and in the end he drifted away.

Again there are similarities in the way Nigel behaves with Kris.

I think Nigel thinks he's a bit soft and already has his eye on Ben Davies as a replacement.

Prediction : Kris goes. Davies arrives July 2011.

It's the times he reminds me of Billy Caskey or Roy Greenwood that worry me.

We need Commons. Simples.

Derby is a better side when Commons is fit and in form. We were completely reliant on him for any sort of creativity last year and we went into a serious slump when he was injured.

I think Nigel is doing a good job of making sure that we never have to be that reliant on him again with Cywka (and Bueno).

I'd like Commons to stay next season. But I'm no longer having a mild heart attack every time he pulls up with a strain.

Derby is a better side when Commons is fit and in form. We were completely reliant on him for any sort of creativity last year and we went into a serious slump when he was injured.

I think Nigel is doing a good job of making sure that we never have to be that reliant on him again with Cywka (and Bueno).

I'd like Commons to stay next season. But I'm no longer having a mild heart attack every time he pulls up with a strain.

+1 Any injury to Commons and our form dropped. Bueno and Cywka provide as much creativity if not quite the same end product yet.

+1 Any injury to Commons and our form dropped. Bueno and Cywka provide as much creativity if not quite the same end product yet.

Would like to keep Commons but not too worried if he goes either, don't want to be too reliant on one player who is not guaranteed to be fit for a lot of the fixtures. Another point is that Kris only seems to turn it on in home games..............

Ahhh Dirigible is here!! Thank god the world makes sense again! :D

I'll second that! Glad you found your way here Dirigible, the DET crossover now seems complete (with a few notable undesirables lost along the way for good measure!).

Martyn.

Cloughy talking him up here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9069633.stm

Derby County manager Nigel Clough says it is vital that the Rams make the most of Kris Commons as an attacking threat and do not overburden him defensively.

Commons has scored five goals in nine league starts for the Rams this season.

And Clough told BBC Radio Derby: "That's why we attempt to find formations to get the best out of him.

"We don't want too much defensive responsibility on him and we can say there's a little bit more licence to go and play and get the goals."

But Clough added: "Kris must do an element of work for the team. When he's doing that and he's creating and scoring he will be in the team every time."

Cloughy talking him up here...

And Clough told BBC Radio Derby: "That's why we attempt to find formations to get the best out of him.

"We don't want too much defensive responsibility on him and we can say there's a little bit more licence to go and play and get the goals."

But Clough added: "Kris must do an element of work for the team. When he's doing that and he's creating and scoring he will be in the team every time."

Only doing half of his job at the moment. Scored 5 - thats a fantastic statistic - but 1 assist so far isnt a great stat for a player who's main attribute over the past 2 seasons was creating for others.

Last season he got 7 assists and hardly played, the season before he got 14 (I think it was).

As rightly pointed out when Clough was naming him as a striker people said he wasnt he provides for others - we need him to start doing it again.

Only doing half of his job at the moment. Scored 5 - thats a fantastic statistic - but 1 assist so far isnt a great stat for a player who's main attribute over the past 2 seasons was creating for others.

Last season he got 7 assists and hardly played, the season before he got 14 (I think it was).

As rightly pointed out when Clough was naming him as a striker people said he wasnt he provides for others - we need him to start doing it again.

Yeah agree , does not matter if he ends up well into double figures, if he does not set up chances for the others to MISS, then get rid of him.:rolleyes:

Would we have beaten Middlesbro without him, I doubt it, two superb goals from Commons won it, simple.

Jimmy Greaves, the greatest ever first div scorer of all time could never be described as a team player, different players add different things.

Lets not compare apples and oranges!

Who wants Kris anyway?

I think the fact that , despite widespread knowledge about his contractual status, we haven't had one serious offer for Kris says a lot and I strongly suspect that potential purchasers have a similar view of his shortcomings to Non- League Nigel. Commons has one good game in 4 or, 5 and that will not get him a Prem Club. N-L Nigel fully knows this and is keeping KC sweating to get the contractual terms for renewal down beneath his current deal.

Archived