Second Half Performances

RAM1966

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

I appreciate we've not had as much time to prepare, if its down to fitness that's fair enough.

As I've said, its not a major criticism, its just an observation that LR seems to be at the moment struggling with addressing second half tactical changes.

I'd really like LR to succeed, he's stayed when he could of gone to Blackpool.  He's still learning as a manager and 6 points out of 9 is not a bad return either, so Im not lambasting him just yet.

Your point is well made

first half yesterday was not one way traffic - Barnsley had some lucid intervals where they overloaded and played through us in midfield. So with a 2 goal lead,  when that happened again in the second half and continued, we needed to change shape. I don’t think we did,  until a substitution that was made too late

for those who say it’s fitness: then why weren’t subs made earlier ?

And for those who say: we’ve had little pre season prep, the inevitable response sadly is: can’t you remember seeing the same last season? And the season before ?  

2 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Come on folks. 4 games, three wins, spells of dominance in all the games, resilience in spades, clear plan of how we want to play...I'm pretty chuffed, tbh. Can't expect sides to roll over. We'll improve with time and better bench options.

No one is expecting other teams to roll over. Folk are just making the perfectly reasonable observation that our second half performance are currently lacking particularly yesterday and Charlton (I believe although I wasn't there). It might be down to fitness or still trying to gel, most folk are not being overly critical just saying it as it is. 

4 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

I do not want to get on anyones back at such an early stage of the season, but, our second half performances seem to be lacking.

Yesterday we hardly got out of our own half after the break.  Maybe its because the players are running out of steam, or could it be that teams are working out how to makes tweaks to play better against us? I'd suggest the later.

I hope LR works on this, because the game last week we really should of won, but, the second half we looked like a different team.

Yesterday we had a nervous 30+ mins trying to hang on.  Like I say, I'm not knocking LR so early,but, I think he needs to be able to address HT adjustments made by the opposition better than we currently are.  

COYR

Fitness is some way off

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Your point is well made

first half yesterday was not one way traffic - Barnsley had some lucid intervals where they overloaded and played through us in midfield. So with a 2 goal lead,  when that happened again in the second half and continued, we needed to change shape. I don’t think we did,  We did . we switched to 2 DCM around 70 mins until a substitution that was made too late

for those who say it’s fitness: then why weren’t subs made earlier ? We made our first sub on 55 mins

And for those who say: we’ve had little pre season prep, the inevitable response sadly is: can’t you remember seeing the same last season? And the season before ?  We had a disrupted pre season last year too

9 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Come on folks. 4 games, three wins, spells of dominance in all the games, resilience in spades, clear plan of how we want to play...I'm pretty chuffed, tbh. Can't expect sides to roll over. We'll improve with time and better bench options.

True, teams aren't going to roll over in L1. Lot's of tough games ahead. Hopefully we win more than we lose and stick around the top half of the table.