Ellafella

Went to the game. My ratings:

Wildsmith - 7

Oduroh - 5

Stearman - 5

Cashin - 6.5

Forsyth - 7

Rooney - 7.5 (8 in first half)

Smith - 6.5 (grew as game went on, more minutes in his legs and he’ll be decent)

Sibley - 8

Dobbin - 7

Knight - 7

Thompson - 6.5 (good pass for first goal, strong last 20 mins of the game struggled to that point)

Subs

Barkuizen - 7

NML - 7.5

Collins - 7

Hourihane - Not on long enough to get a rating but calm head when we needed it late on.

Watched full match on RamsTV

Wildsmith   7  -  corners/crosses still worry me but decent shot stopper

Oduroh   5  -  nervy first appearance, will hopefully improve

Stearman   5  -  off the pace, probably needs a few games

Cashin   6  -  excellent goal line clearance but average overall performance

Forsyth   7  -  you know what you're gonna get with Fozzy.  Fortunately, this was a good day!

Rooney   7  -  decent first game since signing,

Smith   6  -  disappointing overall again, joined us late maybe needs a couple extra weeks to get into his groove

Sibley   7  -  solid attacking threat again

Dobbin   7  -  lively but fluffed a couple of finishes, more game time and confidence will remedy that

Knight   7  -  energetic, 2 games now hes left his scoring boots in the changing room!

Thompson   5  -  solid when called into action but game largely passed him by

Subs:

Burkheuizen   7  -  all the subs helped turn the rising Mansfield tide.  Finished great cross from NML

Mendez-Laing   8  -  started the season very well, imho been the most impactful player in every game

Collins   6  -  put himself about again, desperately needs better service/people around him

Hourihane n/a

On 09/08/2022 at 22:00, Ellafella said:

Wildsmith.  8 - some good saves. MOTM. 

Oduroh. 5 - Good to get the start under his belt. Seemed nervy and a bit erratic.

Stearman.  5. Iffy at times against a lively Swan.

Cashin. 6. Did a job. 

Forsyth. 7

Rooney. 7.5 Very promising at CDM. 

Smith.  6. Goes under the radar. Still getting fitness. 

Sibley. 7.5 Cutting edge but seemed to lose his cool under Mansfield close attention. 

Dobbin. 7.5 Lively. Should've scored. Showing great promise. 

Knight.  7 Another non-stop shift. Should've scored.

Thompson. 5. Quiet. 

Subs:

Burkheuizen. 7.5 Impact sub. Scored the goal that put us through.

NML. 7.5 Great cross as impact sub. In a rich vein of form. 

Collins. Unlucky. Goal ruled out. This chap is minutes away from opening his account. 

Hourihane. Steadied the ship. Showed intelligent running when coming on. 

* based on radio commentary. 

Those swans can be lively, get wary when I am walking around the lake just by us...loads of em....

Thanks to all of you for your ratings. 

Summary

Statistically, Sibley was MOTM V Mansfield with an average rating of 7.33. He really is now difficult to leave out of the starting line-up and I sense a big goal coming for Sibley. Will it be Saturday? He really has got the bit between his teeth right now.

He pipped Rooney who scored a very respectable 7.22. What a great debut. Wildsmith has been attracting very good ratings in all matches so no surprise to see him up there.

Average rating for the team was 6.47, higher than for Charlton (6.34) but lower than for Oxford United (6.75). This is shown by the red dotted line on the chart, so players above the line are the "form" players at the moment.

Despite only a few minutes on the pitch NML also attracted the highest rating (8) and also a high above-average rating of 7.0. 

After this weekend's game, I will publish year-to-date ratings for all players as well as the summary match ratings.

It will be interesting to see if the ratings go up as the Team fitness builds and we start to see a settled side evolve. I don't think the Team is far off, midfield still needs more energy and physicality; I sense that if we get a full-back, shift Knight to midfield, and get McGoldrick alongside Collins, we will start to see some paint peeled off the walls with blistering football. Tantalizing. ?

Infographic MTFC.jpg

Edited by Ellafella