Rob Edwards

Gaspode

To be fair, he is out of contract within the next month, and the season for Forest Green has already concluded. I don't think it's the biggest issue in the world if he's spoken to Watford as, effectively, a free agent, just maybe a bit impolite to not tell your soon to be ex-employers about it. It's not as though he agreed a deal with Udinese and they're going to send him to Watford as a loan manager next season. ?

36 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Loves his wingbacks does Rob Edwards, probably means Festy is more likely to go to Watford

They will be getting plenty of penalties against them then especially if he keeps trying to tackle whilst on his backside !

Having followed Forest Green Rovers all season, as our second team, I understand the fuss this has caused.

Their's has been quite a joyous journey and a fairly innocent one too. They are a community club and try to operate ethically.

Their main complaint isn't that this was done illegally, but that the manager chose not to share with his employer (he is still under contract). It's a breakdown of trust and has rather taken the shine off their tremendous achievement. 

He’s clearly been swayed by the challenge to work in a higher league with the trappings of financial pay to match it.

Really you can’t blame him, a football managers life is often short lived and by this time next year, it’s quite possible he’ll have had a nice payout without tarnishing his reputation. Nathan Jones made a duff move for more money and many could see the potential pitfall coming; didn’t really harm him though, as now back with Luton and reputation being restored.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/fgr-confirms-the-departure-of-head-coach-rob-edwards

"FGR confirms the departure of Head Coach Rob Edwards and Assistant Head Coach Kyle Richie. Rob & Richie were a key part of the team that gained promotion to League One this season. We’re disappointed that our support, loyalty and honesty towards Rob has been repaid in this way - with negotiations taking place behind our backs.

We had no contact from Watford, from whom we might expect less, but in any event this kind of behaviour gives football a bad name.

We thank Rob for all his work at FGR - forgive him the manner of his departure and wish him well."

They sound pretty entitled to me. Oh no, a manager takes the opportunity to work in higher league with a bigger budget. I'm sure Edwards will be breathing a massive sigh of relief now the mighty Forest Green Rovers have deigned to forgive him.