Ramathon 22 - 19th June 2022 & general jogging chat

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

https://www.matlockac.org.uk/race/white-peak-marathon/

I'm in for this.

C'mon, it'll be an adventure up the Tissington trail and down the High Peak Trail. On a lovely sunny sunday in May next year.

Get your trainers on and lets jog!

Looks interesting…

Did the Langdale half marathon last weekend.. The hillyist and most scenic half marathon in the uk…

Hard, but strongly recommend it.

Im the middle aged bloke in Orange 

267932BA-AFF7-4C14-BC01-58EB7C00039F.jpeg

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Looks interesting…

Did the Langdale half marathon last weekend.. The hillyist and most scenic half marathon in the uk…

Hard, but strongly recommend it.

Im the middle aged bloke in Orange 

267932BA-AFF7-4C14-BC01-58EB7C00039F.jpeg

I did love the lake district when i lived near there. Didn't ever do this race, but did the Gosforth 10 mile. The most mad one I did was Keswick to Barrow 42 mile "walk" - I walked it but I know some who ran it as if it were an ultra.

12 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I did love the lake district when i lived near there. Didn't ever do this race, but did the Gosforth 10 mile. The most mad one I did was Keswick to Barrow 42 mile "walk" - I walked it but I know some who ran it as if it were an ultra.

Might take a look at those races.

Next up for me is Paris half marathon in March (for 20th wedding anniversary).. ?

I've signed up for a few local club races over the winter to keep me in the habit and not hide inside eating mince pies for 3 months. Couple fo 10ks and a hilly 12.5k, lasy year i had a big break and getting back up to speed was sooooo hard.

5k under 30 minutes and 10k under 1hr are my immediate goals, and although i'm not there yet, i can feel them getting closer.

Although, when they say there's always gonna be someone better than you, so don't worry about it, when we do interval training with my running group, I end up getting smoked by a guy who's 76. Although to be fair, the dude's a absolute legend.

Found out on Friday that I’ve got a charity place for the London marathon. I lost a very close friend in March. He had lived with MS for over 20 years and ended up in a wheelchair (although it was covid that got him), so I’m raising money for the MS Society.

I started running a couple of years ago and did the Birmingham half marathon in May. The furthest I’ve run is 15 miles but I think I’ll be ok. My worry is my body falling apart - I’m 47, I’ve had one knee operation and my back isn’t great! 

19 hours ago, Kinder said:

Found out on Friday that I’ve got a charity place for the London marathon. I lost a very close friend in March. He had lived with MS for over 20 years and ended up in a wheelchair (although it was covid that got him), so I’m raising money for the MS Society.

I started running a couple of years ago and did the Birmingham half marathon in May. The furthest I’ve run is 15 miles but I think I’ll be ok. My worry is my body falling apart - I’m 47, I’ve had one knee operation and my back isn’t great! 

I'm sorry about your friend and good luck.

Just keep regular and consistent and find a training plan you can stick to (-ish)

I'd guess there's probably some decent guidance around for managing the milage and doing cross training (swimming etc) of you do a bit of searching.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I need to manage 9 to get to 700 for the year but I've been struggling with the most unfunny funny injury, the groin strain.

Managed the Christmas day parkrun and didn't feel it too much so a couple of easy jogs should do it.

Groin injuries are a nuisance. Every time you think you’re over them they remind you you’re not.

Good luck with your running.

• 2 months later...