Back 3 opposition are our weakness this season.

DCFC Kicks

I've just been looking at some statistics and realised we perform a lot worse against back 3 opposition than against back 4.

In our last 33 games, 21 have been back 3 and 12 have been back 4. I'm not sure if teams are purposely playing a back 3 against us or if it's just that a back 3 seems to be the most popular formation these days.

Win percentages: 

Against back 3: 23.8%

Against back 4: 33.3%

We've only lost 2 games against back 4 teams all season. One was against Blackburn when they were flying, and the other was against Huddersfield when Stearman got sent off in the 3rd minute.

A positive is our last three wins have all been against back 3 teams, so hopefully that indicates Rooney is addressing this.

Not sure what to do with this information or whether it's relevant in any way but just thought I'd put it down. ?

Just now, DCFC Kicks said:

I've just been looking at some statistics and realised we perform a lot worse against back 3 opposition than against back 4.

In our last 33 games, 21 have been back 3 and 12 have been back 4. I'm not sure if teams are purposely playing a back 3 against us or if it's just that a back 3 seems to be the most popular formation these days.

Win percentages: 

We've only lost 2 games against back 4 teams all season. One was against Blackburn when they were flying, and the other was against Huddersfield when Stearman got sent off in the 3rd minute.

A positive is our last three wins have all been against back 3 teams, so hopefully that indicates Rooney is addressing this.

Not sure what to do with this information or whether it's relevant in any way but just thought I'd put it down. ?

Don’t bloody tell people! Shush!

Edited by TuffLuff

1 hour ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Win percentages: 

If we have three CBs available we could match up and have done so at times

3 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Win percentages: 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

21 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Win percentages: 

Use of an appropriate statistical test would tell you if the difference was statistically significant. I’d expect the performance dept at DCFC would have looked at this; a 3x2 contingency table and a chi square analysis would be a starting point …but suspect it’s multi-factorial and there’d only be a weak association between formation and outcome. Just sayin’