Will we have pandemic of FFP deductions

Woodley Ram

The latest accounts are now being aired with Bristol City declaring having losses of £48.5m over the last two years (far worse than us by the way) who will follow, we have already seen Reading with a bigger loss for the previous year. More will follow but really how much can be written off due to covid and how can the EFL be even handed in their points deduction. 

This will all arrive too late for us but those such as Bristol City should receive appropriate penalties. Those that called for our blood seem to have a different take when they themselves are over the limit. 

Well we - the administrators accepted a points deduction without breaking  any rules so who knows what the heck will happen apart from Middlesbrough being given promotion because they threatened to sue the EFL if they didn’t get it.

Edited by Sparkle

The deal the administrators were railroaded into cutting with the EFL considered a future 3 point deduction for the 19/20 20/21 Covid affected accounts. So in order to be consistent they should be penalising other clubs and not taking Covid into consideration. Half the league will get points deductions by doing this although they will probably be applied next season which doesn’t help us, if they are even applied at all. 

If Mel hadnt absconded and we weren’t over a barrel, then I’d have expected us to push for a lower points deduction. Be interesting to see what happens with the other clubs but I have a feeling we will feel even more victimised, but we’re Derby County biggest cheats in the history of football so it’s justified!!

Edited by BramcoteRam84

24 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What ? So us ? fans have to pay the price but not other fans whose owners have committed similar wrong doings? Don’t understand this at all. Why should we be the only club to face a punishment ?

Surely he meant he hopes that clubs won’t be in that position (for the sake of the fans), not that they shouldn’t be similarly sanctioned If they are? 

9 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is that right Bimmerman ?

Pretty much

We all know we're ducked,but the system is completely broken with ffp or p and s or whatever it's called now. The only people who ultimately are let down by it are the fans of clubs who are the end 'customer'. Hopefully the efl sort this out and no other clubs fans have to suffer what we are at the moment because of a broken system(I'm not ignoring the bad owner part in uncle Mel,that's another conversation). Long for the day everyone can just argue about who the best striker is again

10 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The deal the administrators were railroaded into cutting with the EFL considered a future 3 point deduction for the 19/20 20/21 Covid affected accounts. So in order to be consistent they should be penalising other clubs and not taking Covid into consideration. Half the league will get points deductions by doing this although they will probably be applied next season which doesn’t help us, if they are even applied at all. 

If Mel hadnt absconded and we weren’t over a barrel, then I’d have expected us to push for a lower points deduction. Be interesting to see what happens with the other clubs but I have a feeling we will feel even more victimised, but we’re Derby County biggest cheats in the history of football so it’s justified!!

Perhaps it’s a question for the administrators. Was a deduction in FFP overspending given due to loss of earnings from COVID and if so how much?

9 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Surely he meant he hopes that clubs won’t be in that position (for the sake of the fans), not that they shouldn’t be similarly sanctioned If they are? 

That ship has sailed though, Reading are already on board, Bristol City are packing their bags as we speak, who knows which club will be next.

I do agree with the the tone of your and @bimmerman's comments though - You still those two village idiots on OTIB defending BC and pointing out contrived differences between their situation and ours but fundamentally (and I've said this many times) each of our clubs in this damned league are not the enemies here, just rivals. The construct of our football pyramid is entirely flawed and as long as it stays that way, these things will keep on happening. I don't believe there is a single club without parachute payments that has been promoted in recent years without spending tens of millions more than they earned.....

1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

Pretty much

We all know we're ducked,but the system is completely broken with ffp or p and s or whatever it's called now. The only people who ultimately are let down by it are the fans of clubs who are the end 'customer'. Hopefully the efl sort this out and no other clubs fans have to suffer what we are at the moment because of a broken system(I'm not ignoring the bad owner part in uncle Mel,that's another conversation). Long for the day everyone can just argue about who the best striker is again

But you still want point deductions if they have broken the rules, just like us ?

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

That ship has sailed though, Reading are already on board, Bristol City are packing their bags as we speak, who knows which club will be next.

I do agree with the the tone of your and @bimmerman's comments though - You still those two village idiots on OTIB defending BC and pointing out contrived differences between their situation and ours but fundamentally (and I've said this many times) each of our clubs in this damned league are not the enemies here, just rivals. The construct of our football pyramid is entirely flawed and as long as it stays that way, these things will keep on happening. I don't believe there is a single club without parachute payments that has been promoted in recent years without spending tens of millions more than they earned.....

A bit late if the ship has already sailed. ?

13 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

The latest accounts are now being aired with Bristol City declaring having losses of £48.5m over the last two years (far worse than us by the way) who will follow, we have already seen Reading with a bigger loss for the previous year. More will follow but really how much can be written off due to covid and how can the EFL be even handed in their points deduction. 

This will all arrive too late for us but those such as Bristol City should receive appropriate penalties. Those that called for our blood seem to have a different take when they themselves are over the limit. 

Bristol City will not fail FFP

Read Below: