Ray Kennedy RIP

Yani P

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Radford and Kennedy was some strike force. Sad that Kennedy suffered from with Parkinson's from quite an early age then fell on hard times, having to sell all his medals and trophies. Always struck me as a quiet and unassuming guy.

R.I.P.

Radford nearly signed for the Rams. Dave Mackay liked old uns , tried to sign Osgood too from Chelsea. Did Kennedy drop into midfield in his later years? 

46 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Not when Ray went there.... Keegan and Toshack to start with. Then Dalglish, fairclough and others.....rush was just starting out in around 1981... 

Oh right. A long time ago, but I remember Dalglish replaced Keegan. Not a bad move as it turns out. 

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh right. A long time ago, but I remember Dalglish replaced Keegan. Not a bad move as it turns out. 

I am very old.... ?

And you're right....the thought at the time was that it would be the beginning of the end for Liverpool. Not so..... 

They had a real knack of replacing stars with better stars.....Hughes went but Thomson came in, Dalglish for keegan, souness for Tommy Smith, whelan I think took the Ray Kennedy role.... 

Whoever they had stuffed most teams.