Fan-led Review

RamsfanJim

RamsTrust welcomes the publication of the conclusions from the Fan-Led Review of Football Governance. We contributed both to the recommendations from the Football Supporters’ Association and in-person, presenting to the panel our suggestions and experiences since the formation of the Trust over 19 years ago. We are pleased to see many of our ideas have been incorporated into the proposals.

We welcome the report and recognition of the need for reform of the way football as a whole, and clubs themselves, are run, as Rams fans know only too well.

In particular, we welcome the recommendations to establish an independent regulator and the introduction of a ‘Golden Share’ to be held by the Supporters Trust – to ensure the club cannot make certain key decisions without fans’ agreement. We also welcome the introduction of a ‘Shadow Board’ of supporters which the club is mandated to consult. These are proposals which we have been calling for – particularly in light of events at the club over the past few years. Derby County is specifically mentioned in the report as an example of a poor board structure prior to administration.

These proposals will finally give fans an official voice in the running of their clubs and a formal role for the Trust in protecting the club.

These recommendations will be welcomed by the vast majority of supporters and should help to prevent more clubs in future from facing the same issues we are having now. Whilst this will take some time to be formally brought into legislation and implementation, we can start immediately and a new start for Derby County is the perfect opportunity to make these improvements in the running of the club. As indicated this week by the Administrators, we hope to have the opportunity to begin these discussions with new custodians in the near future.

We look forward to working with the administrators and new custodians of our club to implement these plans at Derby County to ensure a sustainable future for fans and the community.

You can download the whole document here:- https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fan-led-review-is-a-huge-step-forward/

18 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Rams Trust gets criticised for not engaging with dcfcfans forum as to what they are doing.

Rams Trust begins to engage with dcfcfans forums as to what they are doing. 

Rams Trust gets criticised for engaging with dcfcfans as to what they are doing. 

Funny old world. 

I engaged enough with them back in the day, not interested in their views, they're pretty much an annoying irrelevance to me, they just want a way of taking (part) ownership in my club without putting any money in. They could just be content being a mere fan. Just my opinion, thank you.

31 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Rams Trust gets criticised for not engaging with dcfcfans forum as to what they are doing.

Rams Trust begins to engage with dcfcfans forums as to what they are doing. 

Rams Trust gets criticised for engaging with dcfcfans as to what they are doing. 

Funny old world. 

This isn't really 'engaging' though is it?

It's using an independent fans forum as a platform to publicise a press release.

Enagaging would have been looking for an existing thread, joining in the discussion and pointing towards the press release, not just copying and pasting it into a new topic!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

The golden share was specific to heritage items rather than key decisions wasn't it?

The shadow board was to provide input to key decisions and assume that could be any fans..not sure how they would be voted onto a shadow board though..but doesn't say it has to be Trust members. 

Edited by Yani P

53 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

This isn't really 'engaging' though is it?

It's using an independent fans forum as a platform to publicise a press release.

Enagaging would have been looking for an existing thread, joining in the discussion and pointing towards the press release, not just copying and pasting it into a new topic!

Apologies, I did look but didn't see another thread - happy for it to be moved.

51 minutes ago, Yani P said:

The golden share was specific to heritage items rather than key decisions wasn't it?

The shadow board was to provide input to key decisions and assume that could be any fans..not sure how they would be voted onto a shadow board though..but doesn't say it has to be Trust members. 

The Golden share covers: 

The proposed items for which the consent of the shareholder will be required are: a. sale of club stadium (including the grant of security over a club stadium); b. re-location of club outside of the local area (excluding temporary relocation as part of an actual (i.e. not just planned or hoped for) development of an existing stadium e.g. Tottenham’s relocation to Wembley); c. the club joining a new competition that is not affiliated to FIFA, UEFA and the FA and/ or leaving a competition in which it currently plays. This would mean that a future European Super League would not be possible without fan consent; d. club badge; e. first team home shirt club colours; and f. club name (i.e the team playing name rather than the name of the legal entity owning the club).

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

It seems this topic is already being discussed here...

Probably more orderly just to bung this OP into there?  No?   ?‍♂️

#keepforumstidy

I think the debate over in the Football Forum is about the review in how it could affect football in general.

This thread is particularly about the Rams Trust perspective on this in their role as supporters trust for Derby County, so would seem to fit in the Derby County section.

There is bound to be some cross over but I think it's legitimate to want to know how this might apply to our club.

And importantly,  how we might shape and influence that.