Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

He wanted to make sure he can get out for bugger all runs again...it seems.

Correct, out second ball for 1.

Absolutely crazy decision to bat again for me? Maybe he thinks Sussex have the 2022 equivalent of Willis and Botham?

Edited by Grumpy Git

Just now, Grumpy Git said:

Absolutely crazy decision to bat again for me?

Maybe the bowlers needed a rest. Quick runs tonight and have all day at them tomorrow maybe. As for Godders, he needs to take a break......

Just now, Grumpy Git said:

Absolutely crazy decision to bat again for me?

Only makes any sense at all if we score quickly and build a big enough lead to get them in for a few overs this evening.

I suppose the bowlers will have had a rest, and there’s been some variable bounce and turn, which should be more prevalent tomorrow.

It just feels a negative move.

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Only makes any sense at all if we score quickly and build a big enough lead to get them in for a few overs this evening.

I suppose the bowlers will have had a rest, and there’s been some variable bounce and turn, which should be more prevalent tomorrow.

It just feels a negative move.

Completely agree - If there was a full 2 days of play left then I get it but there isn't - there are roughly four sessions. Now watch us bat into tomorrow morning as we will be concerned about leaving them anything under 350.

The decision being made and now Billy out for 2 runs (Please tell me he will be dropped now!) - surely we need to tell every play to go and play like Johnny Bairstow. I wouldn't mind a slog around and then 5-10 overs at them tonight to see if we can get a wicket down.

I suspect batting again though was not BG's decision but Arthurs and he's got most things right this season so far.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure it matters too much, we need a 380 lead asap and then have just under a day to bowl them out…

If we don’t get to 350 I’d back Sussex to win unless Watt can get it spinning with more regularity. Getting Rizwan early will also be key.

For what it’s worth, I don’t see Sussex chasing 350 plus on day four. However do we have the ability to get ten wickets against a batting team who I am sure will play for a draw.

Current scoring rate is slow and makes the decision not to enforce a follow up quite simply bizarre.