Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

24 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Not official, but it’s rumoured that Lancashire have agreed to release Jack Morley from his contract so he can sign with us permanently.

5 games, 16 wickets at 31.25 has been a decent base for the 23 year old to build from.

Interesting. I was hoping that maybe a top quality spinner who can bat might have been one of the overseas options. Someone who can win us games. Not sure Morley can do that. Younger but on a par with Thompson currently.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Interesting. I was hoping that maybe a top quality spinner who can bat might have been one of the overseas options. Someone who can win us games. Not sure Morley can do that. Younger but on a par with Thompson currently.

I don’t think signing Morley rules that out, we had 3 spinners in MA’s first two seasons. Thomson seems to be injured a lot too.

I like the idea of the Jewell signing. Someone who is here for the whole season - won’t go off playing various competitions and probably has his heart in a little more.

He also has something to prove if he harbours international ambitions.

Opening batsman as well. It’s what we need and he probably doesn’t break the bank.

With Morley (hopefully) and Andersson coming in, I also imaging we have budget for a final quality overseas player - whatever position that is in.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I like the idea of the Jewell signing. Someone who is here for the whole season - won’t go off playing various competitions and probably has his heart in a little more.

He also has something to prove if he harbours international ambitions.

Opening batsman as well. It’s what we need and he probably doesn’t break the bank.

With Morley (hopefully) and Andersson coming in, I also imaging we have budget for a final quality overseas player - whatever position that is in.

I thought Arthur said at the Members meeting that two batsman were coming in 😊

32 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Donald and Reece to miss out for me…..will more likely be Wagstaff and Bin Naeem though.

In a recent interview Arthur said they are looking at changing the batting order with next season in mind, which hopefully means Guest down the order. Maybe Reece at 3? He also mentioned Andersson as a potential number 6 though I don't think so in this game

Has me thinking it could be this…

Wagstaff 

Came

Reece

Madsen

Lloyd

Donald

Andersson

Chappell

Moore

Morley

Pat Brown bowled 5 overs against Middlesex. With four bowlers already in the team Reece and Lloyd can share the fifth bowler duty if needed. Stack that batting and we might make 200 😬

Will be interesting to see what the pitch is like. A lot of runs and a lot of draws at Leicester in recent times, but they got thrashed by Yorkshire a couple of weeks back, bowled out for 98 and 209.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

In a recent interview Arthur said they are looking at changing the batting order with next season in mind, which hopefully means Guest down the order. Maybe Reece at 3? He also mentioned Andersson as a potential number 6 though I don't think so in this game

Has me thinking it could be this…

Wagstaff 

Came

Reece

Madsen

Lloyd

Donald

Andersson

Chappell

Moore

Morley

Pat Brown bowled 5 overs against Middlesex. With four bowlers already in the team Reece and Lloyd can share the fifth bowler duty if needed. Stack that batting and we might make 200 😬

Will be interesting to see what the pitch is like. A lot of runs and a lot of draws at Leicester in recent times, but they got thrashed by Yorkshire a couple of weeks back, bowled out for 98 and 209.

Forecast looks poor.

12 hours ago, richinspain said:

That appears a bit optimistic. "A bit of a bat" would be an improvement on what we've been serving up.

Always an optimist me 😂

Leicestershire’s batting hasn't been much better in recent games, and they no longer have Handscomb and Rahane. With Rehan Ahmed and Louis Kimber also missing. 

We might only need 2 days to get all 4 innings in here 👀