Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

9 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I find that is even worse. When you have been so busy, forget and think…I’ll check how they have been getting on and then the crushing disappointment. 

96-1 now. Treacherous, unplayable wicket my arse or have we bowled 120 full tosses? 

To be fair, none of us support Derbyshire for the glory do we. Being competitive might be nice though! 

Bowled too much short, help yourself stuff and stoneman got off to a flier, then I turned it off after a while as I couldn’t take it anymore 😭

35 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I find that is even worse. When you have been so busy, forget and think…I’ll check how they have been getting on and then the crushing disappointment. 

96-1 now. Treacherous, unplayable wicket my arse or have we bowled 120 full tosses? 

To be fair, none of us support Derbyshire for the glory do we. Being competitive might be nice though! 

Yes, just the very occasional bright spot would help 👍

14 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Lloyd and Donald offer nothing. 

Guest should be at five or six. 

If we intend signing Morley then that's excellent. If not then why play him ahead of one of our own players?

I really want Donald to work in red ball cricket but I think he's another batting too high at 6. With Reece and Lloyd and Guest as the keeper in the top 5, we have room for a batter at 7, especially when we can't score runs…

It will be interesting what happens over the winter with Lloyd. He just doesn't warrant selection in the team, which means a new captain needs to be appointed.

Ideally we need a new number 3 and 5, and sadly we will need a number 4 soon.

17 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Lloyd and Donald offer nothing. 

Guest should be at five or six. 

If we intend signing Morley then that's excellent. If not then why play him ahead of one of our own players?

I think we need a better spinner, one of the overseas next season. Preferably one that can bat a bit too 😊

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

I really want Donald to work in red ball cricket but I think he's another batting too high at 6. With Reece and Lloyd and Guest as the keeper in the top 5, we have room for a batter at 7, especially when we can't score runs…

It will be interesting what happens over the winter with Lloyd. He just doesn't warrant selection in the team, which means a new captain needs to be appointed.

Madsen will be in the 60s and will still be our best batsman. 

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

We seem to be overloaded with number 2s

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Harry Moore has just bowled a purler to remove Luke Hollman's middle stump in spectacular style, (pity they've a 135 run lead at 308/7)!

I've only just finished watching the replay 😍

Would be tricky for Middlesex in the fourth innings if they had to chase 200…sadly they will probably only have to chase 20….

I missed it but apparently Fletch said on commentary that we have an overseas bowler singed/signing for next season and it is someone who's been here before.

Mohamad Amir again? Perhaps Zaman Khan just for the T20 - I wouldn't mind that.

Other possibilities? Logan Van Beek, can't think of anyone else.

50 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I missed it but apparently Fletch said on commentary that we have an overseas bowler singed/signing for next season and it is someone who's been here before.

Mohamad Amir again? Perhaps Zaman Khan just for the T20 - I wouldn't mind that.

Other possibilities? Logan Van Beek, can't think of anyone else.

It’s Ian Bishop.