Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

True, but they were well aware they were short of a defendable total. Hopefully, we can produce some mercurial bowling, but I suspect we'd have found 220/30 just as difficult to defend as 206.

Really pleased for Guest and Moore, the latter being rather unlucky with his run out. Our middle order was a shambles, yet again.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

True, but they were well aware they were short of a defendable total. Hopefully, we can produce some mercurial bowling, but I suspect we'd have found 220/30 just as difficult to defend as 206.

Really pleased for Guest and Moore, the latter being rather unlucky with his run out. Our middle order was a shambles, yet again.

Wouldn’t mind them extra 30 runs now 😂

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Wouldn’t mind them extra 30 runs now 😂

Definitely could have done with them.

If you’d have said we’d have won 4 games at the start I’d have been happy…but if we get there having lost the final 3 games it will be very disappointing.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just looking at todays scores, results look like going our way. I might be wrong, but a good win in our final game v Durham might just be enough…..might go down to run rate 😊

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on it. It will be interesting to see what damage being thrashed today has done to Hampshire’s run rate.

I can’t quite work out if its better for Durham or Kent to win….

Funny how it comes down to the final game against Durham again - although not quite so straightforward as in the T20

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on it. It will be interesting to see what damage being thrashed today has done to Hampshire’s run rate.

I can’t quite work out if its better for Durham or Kent to win….

Funny how it comes down to the final game against Durham again - although not quite so straightforward as in the T20

I think we want Durham to win. We need to beat them anyway so them going a point above us doesn’t change anything. Kent winning and an easier last game puts them in the mix as well.  I think we will no doubt lose against Durham in any case making it a moot point but would be nice to be In with a shout. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think we want Durham to win. We need to beat them anyway so them going a point above us doesn’t change anything. Kent winning and an easier last game puts them in the mix as well.  I think we will no doubt lose against Durham in any case making it a moot point but would be nice to be In with a shout. 

Yeah I think Kent winning just complicates matters more.

As for us, all depends if we can put some runs on the board. The way we folded against Durham in the “big game” in the T20 doesn't exactly inspire confidence.