Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

That is an excellent morning - most unexpected.

For a good chance of something from this game - I think we need 450 plus AND to be scoring at a good average. Maybe 4 an over.

Yeah, over 500 would be ideal ?

forecast for Sunday doesn’t look to good at the moment though.

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The reverse jinx worked well with Anuj Dal (eventually) so well done on trying it with Brooke Guest too ? 

It’s about time I called for Billy Godleman to be dropped and stripped of the captaincy I think...

Normal Service resumed from Masood with another century.

59 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

274-4 at close

bit of a wobble after Masood got out and Guest and Madsen followed relatively quickly. Excellent job by Du Plooy and Reece who put on 40 before close and steadied the ship.

Steadying ship probably needed in fairness but the scoring really slipped.

I think this has draw written all over it. If a team batting first scores over 350, really difficult to get a win.

Only a 500 plus score and then letting them bat the final session Saturday and is taking wickets is the way I see a win here, but in reality, securing the batting points is probably just as key…

33 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think this has draw written all over it. If a team batting first scores over 350, really difficult to get a win.

Only a 500 plus score and then letting them bat the final session Saturday and is taking wickets is the way I see a win here, but in reality, securing the batting points is probably just as key…

Depends if there’s any declarations. The Glamorgan game looked a certain draw for 3 days, then after we declared it all kicked off ?

70% chance of rain on Sunday according to my weather app could also be a factor.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Worcestershire after tea bowled - and fielded - much better. In the second session, they were an absolute shambles, with every bowler going at 4+ per over, missed run out chances and a couple of dropped catches.

Much will depend on if - and how quickly - Derbyshire can achieve parity. Batting deep into the second session and who knows. There don't appear to be any real demons (apart from in Billy Godleman's head) at the moment, but if it peters out into a draw, so be it. I'm just revelling in the fact that Derbyshire are competitive again.

Strange morning, Du Plooy and Reece milked runs as Worcestershire declined to take the new ball for several overs. They finally take it and get Reece out with the first ball ?‍♂️?

42 runs for Reece, best score so far this season, but he still looked a bit skittish and not quite right. Hopefully hes getting there.

half century for Du Plooy who looking the part again after last years troubles.