Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

One big partnership puts us back in the game, and the run rate required is only 5, but we've put ourselves from lots of room for error to absolutely none in the blink of an eye with the exact same reckless batting we saw at Cheshire…but left out one of the 2 who actually applied themselves well in that game. The more I see of this season the more I'm convinced there's a leadership problem.

8 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

6 down.

Are any of them bothered? No one seems willing to bat for any length of time without giving a wicket away. Is the dressing room rotten I wonder? 

I think we can say the coach certainly isn't creating an environment where players are thriving and confident. Have they thrown the towel in on him? I think at least subconsciously they have. His approach of shouting and balling at the players, as often heard at the county ground when things have gone badly certainly isn't fixing anything.

The number of times I just make excuses to avoid going to watch has been increasing this season to the extent that mowing the lawn is far preferable to watching Derbyshire. The Covid season, when we couldn't go, was better than this one.

2 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

These two have been excellent so far. Showing the others how to bat properly and sensibly. 

Just a worry that Chappell now looks like he can't run between the wicket 😬