Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

56 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Do we though?

No decent spin option but Patel may be able to go at 7 an over.

Not sure we have the 20/20 depth in the fast bowlers. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Brits (Chappell and Brown) are our stars here.

Whiteley and Donald I have hope in. I can’t say watching last night made me say “buy a ticket for the Notts clash” and given that is still being advertised everywhere, I imagine sales are low.

Yes.

Its the strongest batting lineup I can ever remember us having in T20, though it didn't flex its muscle enough last night. 180 looked on the cards and should have been done really. I don't think Northants get close to chasing that down.

Brown and Chappell got 50 wickets between them last season, and judging by last night I see no reason they wont repeat that. I'd expect DuPavillion gets a go the next game, his record in the SA20 & CPL is pretty good. We will be stronger with Amir in the team if he ever gets here.

The spin options are decent, but certainly where I think we should have gone with another overseas for someone better than decent.

Aneurin Donald has been ruled out of this weekend’s Vitality Blast fixtures due to concussion protocols.

The right-handed batter was struck on the helmet during a Second XI fixture at The County Ground on Wednesday and although all concussion checks were passed at the time, he displayed delayed symptoms and was therefore withdrawn from the Falcons squad on Thursday evening.

Donald will now follow concussion protocol and be monitored Club medical staff, until it is safe for him to return to cricket-related activities.

Damn 🙁

Looking at last nights results, its going to be a fairly even a Ross the group again.

Apart from Durham, who look awful again, always think we get ripped off only playing them once every year.

I think today at edgbaston has been skyjacked so it doesn't look like it's been streamed. Don't know of any pubs local to me that are likely to be showing it. By the way, I do have my ticket been as it's a home game but am going to old trafford tomorrow morning. Not enough time for an old boy to get his beauty sleep between travelling to matches so I can see why players are complaining. 🏏🍺

One change to the lineup, Mitch Wagstaff in for Alex Thomson.

Slight surprise but always pleases to see one of the academy lads getting a chance. I wonder if he opens the batting and they move Reece down the order.

21 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Brown and Chappell got 50 wickets between them last season, and judging by last night I see no reason they wont repeat that.

2 a piece already today 😁

Could do with someone else joining the wicket party.

A couple of tight overs from Wagstaff so far has been a big bonus.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

2 a piece already today 😁

Could do with someone else joining the wicket party.

A couple of tight overs from Wagstaff so far has been a big bonus.

The skipper with 2 in an over, Leicestershire 97-6.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

FFS throwing this away with useless death bowling from Chappell.

55 off the last 4 overs takes Leics to 176-6 🙄

Swapping Brown to take the short boundary instead of Chappell worked well 🤦‍♂️

One Yorker all inning. We’re being smashed at the end yet we kept pitching it up in the same area. 

I really struggle to understand why we don’t do more Yorkers. Fair enough - they may end up over pitched and be dispatched but everything else was being dispatched!

Just now, jimbo jones said:

8 off the first 2 overs 😬

With 4 of them being byes 😂

Reece & Came must be the least destructive opening pair in the country. 

Thank goodness Lloyd is in now.

Just now, Carnero said:

With 4 of them being byes 😂

Reece & Came must be the least destructive opening pair in the country. 

Thank goodness Lloyd is in now.

Lloyd hits a 6 first ball 😂 he should be opening with Donald when he's back.