Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Very interesting news coming from Peakfanblog....

Reports that former Pakistan bowler of Mohammad Amir is set to sign as a local player for next season - he's currently applying for citizenship, and we are trying to lure Samit Patel down to A52 as well. That would be two major signings.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Very interesting news coming from Peakfanblog....

Reports that former Pakistan bowler of Mohammad Amir is set to sign as a local player for next season - he's currently applying for citizenship, and we are trying to lure Samit Patel down to A52 as well. That would be two major signings.

If we got Samit that would be top banter. 

1 hour ago, inter politics said:

Is du Plooy staying?

Dave Fletcher said on commentary during the Durham game, that his two “sources” within the club have both said he is going to Middlesex.

Which is a bit of a weird one, they are in a relegation battle in the championship, have been terrible in recent years in the T20 and are in “financial difficulty”. 

Show the form he is doing now down there and he probably does get a go with England, at least in the white ball stuff.

I do wonder if potential international call ups is the hold up, and why perhaps nothing is actually signed. If South Africa called him up, that changes things as he becomes an overseas player.

Edited by jimbo jones

Italy beat Jersey, Madsen added to his half century with a superb full length catch at backward point/gully area.

Having watched them, I can see why they pushed Ireland so close, and with Madsen and Grant Stewart playing, might have one.

Mark Watt’s Scotland up next.

40 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Italy beat Jersey, Madsen added to his half century with a superb full length catch at backward point/gully area.

Having watched them, I can see why they pushed Ireland so close, and with Madsen and Grant Stewart playing, might have one.

Mark Watt’s Scotland up next.

How exactly does Madsen qualify for Italy?

Squad for the Glamorgan.

Madsen away with Italy - didn't go so well today, dropped a guy who went on to make a century, and got out for just 1 - so a chance for Tom Wood, I would assume. Really hope he can take it in the same vein he did in the T20.

Scrimshaw should play, if he doesn't I'm marking him down for leaving at the end of the season.

IMG_2961.jpeg

7 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for the Glamorgan.

Madsen away with Italy - didn't go so well today, dropped a guy who went on to make a century, and got out for just 1 - so a chance for Tom Wood, I would assume. Really hope he can take it in the same vein he did in the T20.

Scrimshaw should play, if he doesn't I'm marking him down for leaving at the end of the season.

IMG_2961.jpeg

Wood for Madders, Scrimshaw for Potters…

50 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Amir signed as an overseas player for the first half of next season. Wonder if they are hoping he will have his citizenship for the second half? No idea how that all works to be honest.

IMG_2966.jpeg

Heard Fletch on Radio Derby last night saying that there were rumours of this signing and that he'd be England qualified. He didn't think the rumours were likely to be true but would never rule anything out with Mickey Arthur's Pakistan links. Now he has signed then obviously the rumours did have some credence, so maybe the England qualification part will also prove to be true.

PS. What a signing!!

Edited by Carnero

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Heard Fletch on Radio Derby last night saying that there were rumours of this signing and that he'd be England qualified. He didn't think the rumours were likely to be true but would never rule anything out with Mickey Arthur's Pakistan links. Now he has signed then obviously the rumours did have some credence, so maybe the England qualification part will also prove to be true.

PS. What a signing!!

His wife is a British citizen and he's retired from international cricket, so it could make sense.