Local Journalism

JG400

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

It didn’t say they refused to comment or gave a no comment response. However I could of and I missed it in between  the adverts, headlines of a Husband leaving his wife after spotting this in this picture, or the other clickbait articles splitting up the report (which was mainly regurgitated news from previous weeks) 

Oh how I would love to know whats in the picture 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

What did the husband spot in the picture, I really need to know and I really need to know now

It was………………………..

Rebecca Vardy ?

10 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Oh how I would love to know whats in the picture 

I could tell you but……………..

I didn’t click on the link 

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Is that what I said Roy?

Mate, the local journos would like the info as much as we would, it's clear they ask and get nowhere. What more can they do? 

Edit: I wonder who Nixon has got his latest info on missed transfer payments in to us?

Edited by RoyMac5

I don’t know if this is true or not but in years gone by there seemed to be a bigger executive at the club and they probably provided the local press/media with info they wanted to leak if there was conflict. It appears to be a closed shop now between Morris and Pearce and it appears Rooney isn’t kept in the loop either.

It is a shame but football journalism has changed a lot. Partly due to changes in journalism (less time to develop stories and contacts, more pressure to write more things and rack up page views). But mainly due to changes with football. In the old days the clubs needed the local paper much more as the main way it could speak to fans. The paper shaped opinion of the club. So the paper could demand things. Plus the clubs were fairly unprofessional in their communications so journalists would have the numbers for players, staff, relatives... loads of people. The clubs couldn't realistically stop stuff coming out, and knew it. These days the journalists have none of the power - the clubs don't really need them and can threaten to cut them out, stop them coming to the ground on match days and being at press conferences, etc. It's actually quite a thin threat (do you really get great stories from press conferences?), but why rock the boat? 

It's a bit easier for the journos who aren't local and cover Derby as part of a wider beat, since they can risk their relationship with an individual club, and probably have a wider range of contacts within umbrella organisations like the EFL, or among agents who work with several clubs, etc.

Long story: don't blame the journos. (And Steve Nicholson is a good one.)

Edited by vonwright