Derby Ram Trail

RoyMac5

3 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

The positives are the Council are trying to do something to brighten up the city centre.

The negatives are the trail takes you through the city centre which is an absolute dump.

Look upon it as 'rites of passage'. And there are some very good pubs along the way.

27 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Excellent reason to plan a pub crawl round the town. For all Derby's faults, we have some absolute top notch pubs.

I think I'd struggle to do 30 - and the Memsahib would be with me. Perhaps drinkies in the Worm Has Turned, Neptune and either Brunny or Alex would be enough. I'm an old man now. The trouble with that approach is that 2's not enough, 3's nowhere near enough. My liver still thinks I'm 18.

Ooh, and the Brewery Tap.

And The Flowerpot.

And the Old Silk Mill.

Edited by Eddie

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think I'd struggle to do 30 - and the Memsahib would be with me. Perhaps drinkies in the Worm Has Turned, Neptune and either Brunny or Alex would be enough. I'm an old man now. The trouble with that approach is that 2's not enough, 3's nowhere near enough. My liver still thinks I'm 18.

I didn't actually mean a pint for each Ram. I was thinking more like a ratio of 1 pint for every 3 Rams then fall asleep on the train and wake up in Etruria.

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

And The Flowerpot.

And the Old Silk Mill.

The Exeter, Falstaff, Blessington Carriage, Merry Widows ?

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I didn't actually mean a pint for each Ram. I was thinking more like a ratio of 1 pint for every 3 Rams then fall asleep on the train and wake up in Etruria.

If I had a pint in each, I'd never get out of the Cathedral quarter, and would eventually be found, curled up in a ball, telling everyone in The Olde Dolphin that they are my best mate, they are.

As usual.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

And The Flowerpot.

And the Old Silk Mill.

Exeter Arms well worth a visit along with the Smithfield. Wouldn’t go in the Neppy if you paid me. 

On 19/06/2021 at 08:13, minesahartington said:

Blimey they look like tacky amusement arcade prizes..

Don't be silly. You couldn't push one of those with 2p. Besides, they won't go down the chute.