Derby Ram Trail

RoyMac5

This looks cool, not being local I'd not heard about it. Has anyone done the trail?

@DerbyRamTrail

"Embaa'rk on a free public art trail of 30 beautifully decorated rams on the streets of Derby until 22 August 2021 #TheRamsAreHere #DerbyRamTrail"

13 minutes ago, David said:

Up for auction? Yikes, Mrs @loweman2 has no idea what’s arriving in her front garden very soon ?

It's be really good if they did a small version that you could have as an ornament and then a bigger version for a garden ornament or something like that.... 

And of course, the Derby Ram was a thing way before DCFC. Only two of the Rams have a football theme, the rest mostly have a local connection.

My favourite was Flamsteed Ram, after the astronomer royal. 

I am still trying to work out what connection Poseidon has to Derby, though, even though the cause is a good one! 

20210610_121735.jpg

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

And of course, the Derby Ram was a thing way before DCFC. Only two of the Rams have a football theme, the rest mostly have a local connection.

My favourite was Flamsteed Ram, after the astronomer royal. 

I am still trying to work out what connection Poseidon has to Derby, though, even though the cause is a good one! 

20210610_121735.jpg

Wasn't the Derby Ram George Washington's favourite tune ? Lots of folk artists in America like Pete Seeger did a variation on it. It's very well known over there it seems.