Champions league final

MrPlinkett

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

Seems silly forcing the final to be played in Turkey when both teams are UK teams. 

Surely common sense should be applied under the current circumstances and move it to England. 

I don’t disagree, but it would be unfair on Istanbul as they’ve already had it pushed back one year, and it would set a precedent. Should the all German final in Wembley have been moved to Germany?

I also have a bit of a hidden agenda cos I have a holiday to turkey booked for late July, so they’ve got about 2 months to get their act together and get on the green list. Hopefully the final is a roaring success and shows that they’re ready to take holiday makers. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I don’t disagree, but it would be unfair on Istanbul as they’ve already had it pushed back one year, and it would set a precedent. Should the all German final in Wembley have been moved to Germany?

I also have a bit of a hidden agenda cos I have a holiday to turkey booked for late July, so they’ve got about 2 months to get their act together and get on the green list. Hopefully the final is a roaring success and shows that they’re ready to take holiday makers. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I do think any decisions made under pandemic situations shouldn't set a precedent. Under normal circumstances I don't think it would be a valid argument but when that country is struggling to contain the virus its different. 

I'm with you though I hope they sort it out,  we are due end of August there. 

1 hour ago, MrPlinkett said:

I do think any decisions made under pandemic situations shouldn't set a precedent. Under normal circumstances I don't think it would be a valid argument but when that country is struggling to contain the virus its different. 

I'm with you though I hope they sort it out,  we are due end of August there. 

Well now it’s officially on the red list, then they should rearrange it, definitely. Sucks to be Istanbul, but when there’s the option of 8000 fans in villa park, or any empty stadium in Istanbul, it’s a no brainer really. If Turkey could’ve safely held it, and the only argument is that it’s two English teams so it should be held in England, then that would set a precedent. But if the host city can’t host it for safety reasons and can’t have fans in, then that still sets a precedent, but it’s a fair one to set. 

11 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Well now it’s officially on the red list, then they should rearrange it, definitely. Sucks to be Istanbul, but when there’s the option of 8000 fans in villa park, or any empty stadium in Istanbul, it’s a no brainer really. If Turkey could’ve safely held it, and the only argument is that it’s two English teams so it should be held in England, then that would set a precedent. But if the host city can’t host it for safety reasons and can’t have fans in, then that still sets a precedent, but it’s a fair one to set. 

Makes sense and totally agree but...this is UEFA

On 10/05/2021 at 21:32, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

ESL Final between 2 of the damned 6, couldn’t care less where or when it’s played.

Uefa/Premiership combination means it's been watered it down for neutrals and seems to be the same teams. Does not mean as much as it did years ago. I did not watch any of the knockout stages and not seen a group game for years. Might watch last 20 mins of final in case it goes to penalties which is mildly interesting.

Archived