Derby Managers In Focus (March 2021): From Nigel to Wayne

Nuwtfly

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Quick update before the final game of the season...

Games - Wins - Draws - Losses - Win Percentage

(Wikipedia)

Derby County Managers - Win Percentage.PNG

10 managers in 6 years, including interim, with only clough lasting longer than 2 seasons since 2009, that itself is a major problem with no consistency

18 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

10 managers in 6 years, including interim, with only clough lasting longer than 2 seasons since 2009, that itself is a major problem with no consistency

Interesting list. Of those names, who would you have liked to have stuck around? Mine are:

Mac1
Wassall (wasn't given a chance by the fans though)
Mac2
Lampard (left us anyway, wasn't our choice)

Some may have wanted to keep Clement, but the football was boring and dull. Same for Rowett, but he chose to leave anyway so it's hardly fair to say we've got a problem with chopping and changing managers if they move on from their own volition.

So although we've not had stability, there's only 3 names I would have said I'd like to keep on, and one of those left us and another was treated so viciously by the fans I couldn't see it ever working out at the time.

On 21/03/2021 at 18:24, Chris_Martin said:

Darren Bent was a decent option at that time and could cover well enough for Martin. The problem was that we lost about 5 other first team players at the same time.

Yes we could have got more from Bent. Top class finisher no question.