The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

55 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Mel Morris is a businessman. I don't really expect  the whole truth from them. What did you expect him to say? We're in deep poo and I don't know whether we can avoid going into administration?

But someone who goes on the internet "fact-checking" what other people are saying, while simultaneuously twisting the facts themselves, well that is just sheer hypocrisy. 

What facts has he twisted out of interest?

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What facts has he twisted out of interest?

See above. It seems I have to say the same thing five or six times and still the message doesn't get through. Can I just suggest you carry on believing what you want to believe if that makes you happy. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

By someone going on the internet you mean an award winning data analyst that was previously Head of Health Analysis at the ONS.

When the person lecturing us about 'sheer hypocrisy' is a dude on a Derby forum I know who I'd rather listen to!

Fine you know nothing about me, and that's good with me. . And what's this guy's job now then? He doesn't seem to have one.

58 minutes ago, maxjam said:

To be fair he did post this a little earlier;

He highlights a few caveats in the replies but in short deaths will likely rise over the next few weeks whilst we get over the omicron blip which is already subsiding in London.

So again he spouts garbage. "More are in hospital with it but not because of it so death data treat with caution". Wtf does that mean? 

He really is desperate for attention.

16 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

See above. It seems I have to say the same thing five or six times and still the message doesn't get through. Can I just suggest you carry on believing what you want to believe if that makes you happy. 

So he has just stated facts.

As opposed to what we are being told from the official sources, which are quite often lies.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So again he spouts garbage. "More are in hospital with it but not because of it so death data treat with caution". Wtf does that mean? 

It means that 40% of the people being recorded as in hospital with Covid are actually in hospital for something else.

Yet if that person dies it will still be recorded as a Covid death.

Not really that hard to understand?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

So he has just stated facts.

As opposed to what we are being told from the official sources, which are quite often lies.

He hasn't "just" stated facts.

It's like giving a football report saying Derby won 12 corners to Coventry's 6 today. That's a fact .

But  you can't omit the rather more important fact that  from one of the corners Coventry  scored the only goal and knocked us out of the Cup. You can't just selectively quote stats  that suit your agenda and miss out the ones that don't.  

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

It's like giving a football report saying Derby won 12 corners to Coventry's 6 today. That's a fact .

But  you can't omit the rather more important fact that  from one of the corners Coventry  scored the only goal and knocked us out of the Cup. You can't just selectively quote stats  that suit your agenda and miss out the ones that don't.  

So he has stated some facts but not others, but he hasnt twisted any facts like you claimed.

At least the facts he is stating are true.

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Fine you know nothing about me, and that's good with me. . And what's this guy's job now then? He doesn't seem to have one.

If you did an ounce of research rather than getting yourself upset over some tweets you would see from his website that he is a freelance data analyst.  His 'About Me' is as follows

Jamie Jenkins is the former Head of Health Analysis and Labour Market Analysis at the Office for National Statistics. Jamie has been providing daily data updates for the public on the Covid-19 pandemic the past year and has won awards from the Royal Statistical Society and United Nations for the presentation of data. He also worked at the BBC advising journalists on data over a General Election period, helping them challenge politicians.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Desperate for attention or doing his job?

And you will have to explain why its garbage.  He states that deaths are due to rise following the omicron surge but qualifies it with the fact that many people have caught covid in hospital - a fact that was highlighted both in the media this week and the House of Commons.  

Someone seems desperate for attention and its not Jamie Jenkins.

Why not , that’s what the government and they’re podium pals with they’re graphs and pie charts and their modellers have been doing for the last two years ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It means that 40% of the people being recorded as in hospital with Covid are actually in hospital for something else.

Yet if that person dies it will still be recorded as a Covid death.

Not really that hard to understand?

So they were admitted to hospital but either caught COVID in hospital or already had undiagnosed  COVID when they were admitted?

So why do we need to treat the deaths data with caution?

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Why not , that’s what the government and they’re podium pals with they’re graphs and pie charts and their modellers have been doing for the last two years ??‍♂️

Yes , but if someone claims to have won awards for his presentation of facts to then resort to going on twitter selectively quoting facts out of context, which is not good presentation at all.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes , but if someone claims to have won awards for his presentation of facts to then resort to going on twitter selectively quoting facts out of context, which is not good presentation at all.

Has he won awards or is he just falsely claiming to have ?

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

If you did an ounce of research rather than getting yourself upset over some tweets you would see from his website that he is a freelance data analyst.  His 'About Me' is as follows

Jamie Jenkins is the former Head of Health Analysis and Labour Market Analysis at the Office for National Statistics. Jamie has been providing daily data updates for the public on the Covid-19 pandemic the past year and has won awards from the Royal Statistical Society and United Nations for the presentation of data. He also worked at the BBC advising journalists on data over a General Election period, helping them challenge politicians.

Desperate for attention or doing his job?

And you will have to explain why its garbage.  He states that deaths are due to rise following the omicron surge but qualifies it with the fact that many people have caught covid in hospital - a fact that was highlighted both in the media this week and the House of Commons.  

Someone seems desperate for attention and its not Jamie Jenkins.

I have been on his website. His freelance work is "advising the public". So he needs people to follow him on twitter which is why he has to write sensationalist twaddle to get attention. 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

I have been on his website. His freelance work is "advising the public". So he needs people to follow him on twitter which is why he has to write sensationalist twaddle to get attention. 

Surely with his background and qualifications he would find it easier to get attention parroting the official narrative and have a far easier life 

So they were admitted to hospital but either caught COVID in hospital or already had undiagnosed  COVID when they were admitted?

Because they will be recorded as a Covid death and people will be using these figures to try and force more restrictions upon us.

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Because you potentially have 40% of people padding the data. 

If they are coming in with something else and catching it in hospital most of those wouldn't have needed hospital treatment for covid but are now inflating the data.

Likewise if people were already in hospital dying but then catch covid they are bumping up the numbers dying from covid.  Hence dying 'with' not 'from' is a key distinction - kinda important if you're a professional award winning data analyst.

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Or factual.  If you hire someone to collect or analyse data for you, you want actual results not sensationalist twaddle. 

I know your opinion of Jamie Jenkins and you know mine by now.  I think the forum would be far happier if we dropped it ?

Edited by maxjam

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If you can’t answer your own question mate you’re part of the problem