Type of manager Rooney could be

Oldben

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://gulfnews.com/sport/football/5-wayne-rooney-quotes-that-show-what-kind-of-manager-hell-be-1.1610871103828

- winning mentality

- loves a challenge

- greater football brain

- always willing to learn

- mentored by worlds greatest managers during his career

- respect of worlds elite footballers

I'd agree with point 2 as can't see where else he would get a bigger challenge then here with the Mel Morris circus at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s going to have to be one of the greatest of all time if he’s going to drag us out of this mess

He’s part of the team that got us into this mess - why would we have any faith that they could get us out of it?

Success for Derby over the next two or so seasons would be to still be in the championship. If Holmes, te weirik and Marriott (has gone) go then we are really down to a small squad proper up by youth players. If he can just keep us up this season it will be almost a miracle. 

I think the main type of manager that Rooney will be at Derby is short term.

He's been given assurances - if those aren't met we could easily be talking weeks.

If the takeover doesn't happen and he's on shoestring budget, I doubt he'll be here next season.

If he turns out to be a disaster and the takeover happens, the new owners will replace him quickly.

If he does well he'll be targeted by Premier League clubs over the summer.

I've seen enough to believe that he will go one to be a very successful manager - I just don't think it will be here.

Archived