Win the Next Two Games

tinman

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, tinman said:

And We're level on points per game at the same games played as last season.

Hope you’re ok. 

yes thanks for pointing that out maybe it will bring Xmas cheer to the mongers of doom on this forum

skybet was 40/1 for top 6 finish when WR took the reins.  Now 25/1   Better value than Rotherham @ 250/1

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hope you’re ok. 

yes thanks for pointing that out maybe it will bring Xmas cheer to the mongers of doom on this forum

skybet was 40/1 for top 6 finish when WR took the reins.  Now 25/1   Better value than Rotherham @ 250/1

That would be my £1 bet that's slashed the odds so dramatically

Weren’t we absolutely crap at this stage last season too though? Seem to remember us going on a massive winless run, and most of us calling for Cocu to be sacked. Doesn’t feel like a massive achievement to reach those levels again!

It emphasises how absolutely shocking a start we’ve had to this season mind. We need to win another 2 games on the spin just to reach the same level as last seasons disappointment!

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Weren’t we absolutely crap at this stage last season too though? Seem to remember us going on a massive winless run, and most of us calling for Cocu to be sacked. Doesn’t feel like a massive achievement to reach those levels again!

It emphasises how absolutely shocking a start we’ve had to this season mind. We need to win another 2 games on the spin just to reach the same level as last seasons disappointment!

No poo we were well and truly league 2 level thanks to a combination of Cocu, injuries and loss of confidence now we look like a top 4 side at this level. Sounds stupid but the margins are fine at this level, if we can win against Wednesday then the next 2 league games we will be in the same position as last season where we were 2 games off Playoffs, this squad is now better than last year in a worse division full of mediocrity. We leave the relegation battle with a few more wins we will be looking at 6th place instead of at Wycombes results. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

No poo we were well and truly league 2 level thanks to a combination of Cocu, injuries and loss of confidence now we luck like a top 4 side at this level. Sounds stupid but the margins are fine at this level, if we can win against Wednesday then the next 2 league games we will be in the same position as last season where we were 2 games off Playoffs, this squad is now better than last year in a worse division full of mediocrity. We leave the relegation battle with a few more wins we will be looking at 6th place instead of at Wycombes results. 

Wish I could share your optimism about our situation! We’re still well and truly in a relegation battle at the moment in my opinion. Obviously with the quality in the squad, we should have enough to pull ourselves out of danger with proper management, but I’m not convinced this side is anything above lower mid table standard. Of course, that could all change in January, but it would take one of the greatest turnarounds in footballing history for us to challenge the top 6 from this position at Christmas!

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wish I could share your optimism about our situation! We’re still well and truly in a relegation battle at the moment in my opinion. Obviously with the quality in the squad, we should have enough to pull ourselves out of danger with proper management, but I’m not convinced this side is anything above lower mid table standard. Of course, that could all change in January, but it would take one of the greatest turnarounds in footballing history for us to challenge the top 6 from this position at Christmas!

I originally agreed with that and had said we are lower midtable quality before, however Bielik is looking too good for this league, Jozwiak is young and improving has great chemistry with Bielik and looks very good, Kazim playing fantastic, Knight as good as you will see in this league we have some weakness and lack depth in certain areas but with the core of quality we have got its looking very promising to me. Would like to us finish top 10 again if possible but if we did get into Playoffs now with the amount of wins it would take (automatic form) we would be looking like the 2015 Derby squad with Thorne, Prime Martin, Hughes ect going into the Playoffs. 

Comparing the sides is tough as these players haven't proven themselves long term but quality wise I actually think we are similar to the Mac 1 side just need to sign some quality in January for depth I think because I'm not convinced with some of our rotation players and I'd like to see Lawrence sold and the younger players on the fringes loaned out. 

8 hours ago, tinman said:

And We're level on points per game at the same games played as last season.

I didn’t realise we were that ? last season too ?

Just now, RamNut said:

I didn’t realise we were that ? last season too ?

First half we were shocking because we had a piss poor pre season and Cocus approach was too slow and complex to get across quickly in my eyes just the same as this season. 

Rooneys simple but effective football really suits our players, I knew he'd be alright but I'm surprised how confident our attacking players now seem and set pieces are so much better that it to me looks bad on Cocu and his coaches and good for Rooney or a bit of both. 

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I originally agreed with that and had said we are lower midtable quality before, however Bielik is looking too good for this league, Jozwiak is young and improving has great chemistry with Bielik and looks very good, Kazim playing fantastic, Knight as good as you will see in this league we have some weakness and lack depth in certain areas but with the core of quality we have got its looking very promising to me. Would like to us finish top 10 again if possible but if we did get into Playoffs now with the amount of wins it would take (automatic form) we would be looking like the 2015 Derby squad with Thorne, Prime Martin, Hughes ect going into the Playoffs. 

Comparing the sides is tough as these players haven't proven themselves long term but quality wise I actually think we are similar to the Mac 1 side just need to sign some quality in January for depth I think because I'm not convinced with some of our rotation players and I'd like to see Lawrence sold and the younger players on the fringes loaned out. 

I think we’re quite a way off the standard personally haha. Obviously we’ve got a few talented individuals, particularly I know defence, like Bielik, Buchanan, Marshall etc, who are probably promotion quality. But we lack similar quality in attack, which is why we’re not scoring enough goals. Until we’ve got quality all over the pitch, and within the squad as a whole, promotion is a pipe dream sadly for me.

I’d love to be proven wrong, but I still feel we are a few years and a number of transfer windows away from having a good enough squad to properly challenge. Of course, a takeover with significant investment could speed that process up quite a bit. But I’m dubious we will get one.

Archived