Millwall v Derby Match Ratings - Sunday Noon deadline

sage

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If you didn't watch the game then yes you can base your rating entirely on keeping a clean sheet. Davies & Clarke were both average - they were alright, but made some terrible mistakes as well - not exactly the most solid pairing. Byrne did nothing of note - hence average and Forysth was pretty poor. Better teams would have taken advantage of our defence and so would Millwall if we didn't have Marshall to bail us out - hence why he gets a better score.

I watched the game and bar Clarke being out sprinted by Wallace and then Davies with a weak tackle after that, I thought our defence did really well.

Clarke and Forsyth some excellent round the back post defending, Forsyth contributing with an excellent cross for the goal. Davies kept Smith to one weak headed chance.

They had one real chance to score but for the other 89 minutes they didn’t because our defence continually nullified them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I watched the game and bar Clarke being out sprinted by Wallace and then Davies with a weak tackle after that, I thought our defence did really well.

Clarke and Forsyth some excellent round the back post defending, Forsyth contributing with an excellent cross for the goal. Davies kept Smith to one weak headed chance.

They had one real chance to score but for the other 89 minutes they didn’t because our defence continually nullified them.

And the time Forsyth ended up on his back side after an aerial battle with Wallace 

20 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Ok @Sage great. Superb stuff. Is there a link? Apologies if I’m showing too much interest. ?‍♂️

Have a look you lazy sod. While you are there, make a post so i am spared from that task as I am a lazy sod.  

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

This entire thread is about opinions. You thought they played well - I did not - simple as that. They looked very shakey across the back line to me, which probably isn't helped by confidence levels or the constant chopping and changing. We made mistakes throughout the game and the attacking performance of the fullbacks was also average at best. It certainly wasn't a 10/10 performance and average is about right - they did nothing spectacular against a very average Millwall side. None of them deserve 7+ in my opinion, buy that is exactly the point of this thread - everyone sees it differently.

4 hours ago, sage said:

Ratings closed

Marshall 7.6 ( range 6 - 9 ) 7.6

Byrne 6.7 ( 6 - 8 ) 7.4 

Forsyth 7.1 ( 5 - 10 ) 6.8

Davies 7.4 ( 6 - 9) 7.7

Clarke 6.8 ( 6 - 8 ) 7.4

Bielik 8.1 ( 7 - 9 ) 7.6

Shinnie 7.1 ( 6 _- 8 ) 6.5

Holmes 4.9 ( 2 - 7 ) 6.1

Knight 7.1 ( 5 - 9 ) 7.4

Jozwiak 7.8 ( 6 - 10 ) 6.6

CKR 6.1 (5 - 7 ) 6.2

Interesting when compared against who scored ratings too - see above after the brackets. I know the WS numbers have a different methodology but not far off the rankings...

3 hours ago, angieram said:

The 5s are harsh on Knight. The least physical of our midfielders, he just kept dusting himself down and coming back for more. And a goal too, deserves at least a 6 for that alone. 

Quite so. His work rate is amazing. Never stops running, closing down, providing an option. He really is outstanding for his age. Not sure what Burnley are spending their money on these days, but if I was the ginger gravel voiced one I would be waving a big one under our noses come Jan. 

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Quite so. His work rate is amazing. Never stops running, closing down, providing an option. He really is outstanding for his age. Not sure what Burnley are spending their money on these days, but if I was the ginger gravel voiced one I would be waving a big one under our noses come Jan. 

Sshhhh! ?

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Absolutely. Bryson has an incredible motor on him and I thought we wouldn’t see the like again. Then Knight pops up. Phenomenal work rate; I love the fact he’s Irish, and has those brilliantly expressive eyes. Just wish we’d put Sibley in to work with him rather than 2 cdms as Knight is a bit of a lone toiler. Shinnie does get forward but needs to work in tandem with Knight more. Maybe more an understanding will build ...

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely. Bryson has an incredible motor on him and I thought we wouldn’t see the like again. Then Knight pops up. Phenomenal work rate; I love the fact he’s Irish, and has those brilliantly expressive eyes. Just wish we’d put Sibley in to work with him rather than 2 cdms as Knight is a bit of a lone toiler. Shinnie does get forward but needs to work in tandem with Knight more. Maybe more an understanding will build ...

I agree. I’ve been calling for that for a year. Doesn’t look like it will ever happen. It seems it’s either or. 

Archived