Two Questions....

Stripperg-ram

For the more seasoned fans to answer (because, technically I just don’t know)

1) If Rooney was pushed to the side and Steve M was made coach/manager, would he do any better/do what he did previously and just get us winning (or not losing) for 16 games on the trot. Or is the team not good enough/rot set in?

2)What was so wrong with the 3-4-3 team/set up that did so well against Forest and Bournemouth. Why have we ditched that?

Thanks in advance. ??

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve lost quality over the last number of years and we’re just not that good any more... our level, while we play the number of kids that we do, is maybe mid table 

On top of that, we look completely bereft for whatever reason and I do think a new manager would impact that 

For what it’s worth as well, we’ll probably progress to our mean and not end up bottom three but it’s hard to believe that given the lacklustre last five performances 

3-4-3 in my opinion is not the future when your main weakness is a desperate inability to create chances 

Nope we'd still go down. We're a very average side & already too far behind. Not many of our players get in any of the top half championship sides first team. Some structure would help & mac would get more points but were experimenting with management & throwing away points 

343 or 5 at the back was even worse. We still let in goals & fail to score playing any system. Its what happens when youre not good enough & doomed 

17 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

For the more seasoned fans to answer (because, technically I just don’t know)

1) If Rooney was pushed to the side and Steve M was made coach/manager, would he do any better/do what he did previously and just get us winning (or not losing) for 16 games on the trot. Or is the team not good enough/rot set in?

2)What was so wrong with the 3-4-3 team/set up that did so well against Forest and Bournemouth. Why have we ditched that?

Thanks in advance. ??

1. WE might get a bit of a lift but it's ultimatly futile.

2. Nothing was wrong with it, we junked it against QPR because we had to fit Rooney back into the side. Also teams had sused out all our attcking was the full backs and had got wise to it. We still weren't that much better in the 3-4-3 so I'm not excatly greiving over it.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

1. WE might get a bit of a lift but it's ultimatly futile.

2. Nothing was wrong with it, we junked it against QPR because we had to fit Rooney back into the side. Also teams had sused out all our attcking was the full backs and had got wise to it. We still weren't that much better in the 3-4-3 so I'm not excatly greiving over it.

That seems like a fair answer. I thought we were great against Forest. Lawrence looked really sharp. And then, like you say, we shook it up and it ended up being 4 weeks of fingers crossed football.

I don’t think SM is gods gift, but he can give a team a lift. His coaching is exciting and he can be spur. And considering we’ve just played our ‘easy’ games and we’ve got a tough December ahead, he’s surely our best option. 

I quite liked the 3-4-3 and I think we should've given it more time as system. I thought it had potential to be "this is what we do, we know what we're doing with it and we are becoming harder to beat" I didn't think it was particually defensive as it freed up Byrne and Buchannan to join the attack more readily.

The problem all season no matter what formation or line up we play is the poor quality of the attacking. We've made efforts to attack in most games this season, they've just been really really easy to defend against and our attacks stop before we create a chance. That's got a bit better the last couple of games but I don't believe in this team any more and I hope they give me something to believe in again.

I would go back to 4-4-2, we keep playing with one striker and its not reaping goals. Goals win matches, we are now in that poisition that we need to change it, take the gamble.

Play CKR with Stretton, Jozwiak on the leftside of midfield, Knight on the right. Bielik holding midfield, Sibley attacking midfield. Buchanan, Byrne, Clarke and Wisdom back 4 with Marshall in goal. On the bench, Roos, Lawrence, Waghorn, Shinnie, Bird, Whittaker, Evans, Forsyth and Holmes.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

I would go back to 4-4-2, we keep playing with one striker and its not reaping goals. Goals win matches, we are now in that poisition that we need to change it, take the gamble.

Play CKR with Stretton, Jozwiak on the leftside of midfield, Knight on the right. Bielik holding midfield, Sibley attacking midfield. Buchanan, Byrne, Clarke and Wisdom back 4 with Marshall in goal. On the bench, Roos, Lawrence, Waghorn, Shinnie, Bird, Whittaker, Evans, Forsyth and Holmes.

I think it could work.

Archived