Arsenal vs Derby U23s: Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Derby's turn for a penalty as Shonibare is fouled (looked soft to me).

Penalty expert steps up and misses ?

Interesting as I do think Stretton's penalties have always looked more convincing, even though Hector-Ingram has scored a lot. I like my penalties to be whacked into the back of the net. Slow and low down the middle from JHI just now is a very low percentage kick as the keeper can normally save with his legs. If hitting down the middle you've got to go higher and hope the keeper dives out of the way. But I'd rather it was belted into the top corner (the "unsavable zone"). 

Maybe young Jahmal is a bit low on confidence? No idea why that might be having been bigged up then dropped without being given a chance! 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Derby's turn for a penalty as Shonibare is fouled (looked soft to me).

Penalty expert steps up and misses ?

Not a great penalty. He puts lots of them straight down the middle. Surprised he hasn’t missed more. Also surprised the coaches haven’t taught him how to take one properly. 

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not a great penalty. He puts lots of them straight down the middle. Surprised he hasn’t missed more. Also surprised the coaches haven’t taught him how to take one properly. 

amazed how often he puts them there and gets away with it..

Very strong finish to the half from Derby. Like the look of Hutchinson. Same issue as with the first team, with strikers not busting a gut to get into the six yard area and tap in the cross, because they're not expecting it to be delivered. 

Hope Duncan has some decent game time in the second half. Strikes me he lives to score goals, whatever it takes. 

Archived