Coronavirus - The Lockdown Thread

Sith Happens

Firstly apologies to @Davidif he wants to merge this with the existing thread, but I thought it might be good to have a seperate thread for people to share how they are handling the new lockdown, especially as darker nights are upon us.

I thought it would be good to maybe share our good ideas, our challenges, our bad moments, our job concerns and so on.

I also thought it would be good to share pub/restaurant takeaway/delivery that we know of as these arent always widely known or available on the usual just eat type outlets.

Also maybe TV deals, Now TV, Netflix, kindle books, our own recipes even.. and so on to help us through the month (hopefully no more) ahead.

I guess it goes without saying I am thinking 'debate' would remain in the original thread, and this one could be just for those that want to discuss without posts getting lost or bogged down in the debates that occur in the other thread.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a problem at all with the thread. I think someone suggested this type of thread last lockdown.

It’s down to members to respect the purpose of this thread and not to discuss the virus itself and the handling of the situation.

Thanks David.

We have found last lockdown that Morley Hayes deliveries to be excellent (you even get a fella with a waist coat deliver your meal ? )

Also for a curry Anoki express was good too (We will be participating this weekend), ready to heat meals, but restaurant quality not your supermarket fair.

Lockdown 2 survival tips.....like it. 

Even maybe drop Coronavirus from the title? Avoids the possibility of confusion and lessens the desire for political comments to be made about how long it could /would /should last etc which inevitably will go off at a massive tangent. 

To be fair lockdown 2 won't make much difference to me from now, other than losing all my social outlets via sporting activities being halted. 

I am a bit gutted as had been getting back to the gym, admit i was going at 6.30am as hardly anyone in, i wouldnt have wanted to go in a busy gym.

So going to miss that, with (hopefully) we England holidays booked in December thats going to be me done now for the gym until 2021.

Will dust off the excercise bike and looks for some box sets to keep me going while on it in a morning.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Lockdown 2 survival tips.....like it. 

Even maybe drop Coronavirus from the title? Avoids the possibility of confusion and lessens the desire for political comments to be made about how long it could /would /should last etc which inevitably will go off at a massive tangent. 

To be fair lockdown 2 won't make much difference to me from now, other than losing all my social outlets via sporting activities being halted. 

Yeah good call...not sure if i can, maybe one of the Mods can do it?

4 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I am a bit gutted as had been getting back to the gym, admit i was going at 6.30am as hardly anyone in, i wouldnt have wanted to go in a busy gym.

So going to miss that, with (hopefully) we England holidays booked in December thats going to be me done now for the gym until 2021.

Will dust off the excercise bike and looks for some box sets to keep me going while on it in a morning.

Yesh, the gym is going to be the biggest miss for me. During the last one I managed to go for bike rides instead in the good weather & light mornings, before work. No chance of that this time.

2 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Yesh, the gym is going to be the biggest miss for me. During the last one I managed to go for bike rides instead in the good weather & light mornings, before work. No chance of that this time.

I probably get a decent work out on my indoor bike but its just getting out that i enjoyed even if the number of people i saw was small.

For the SiFi fan.

Might I suggest The Expanse on Amazon prime. You can get the months free trial and watch it then cancel your subscription no problem. 4 seasons of quality, plausible SiFi in my opinion.
Humanity has spread out into the solar system with 3 factions in conflict. UN is The Earth and Moon, then there’s Mars and then the OPA (Outer Planetary Alliance) who control the asteroid belt and outer planets.

23 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

For the SiFi fan.

Might I suggest The Expanse on Amazon prime. You can get the months free trial and watch it then cancel your subscription no problem. 4 seasons of quality, plausible SiFi in my opinion.
Humanity has spread out into the solar system with 3 factions in conflict. UN is The Earth and Moon, then there’s Mars and then the OPA (Outer Planetary Alliance) who control the asteroid belt and outer planets.

I started watching this, found it slow but a mate has said give it time...think will have to try again.

I missed the gym last time round so signed up to Les Mills On Demand. Liked it so much have carried on using it ever since. 

Tend to do 3-4 of the classes each week and mix it up. All different types of exercise and lots of options for length of class. 

Would recommend for anyone looking for a solution to exercise over the coming weeks. 

15 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I've just ordered another jigsaw. Found them really theraputic last time. 

Now we will be stuck in, I need something else other than the TV. At least this time I know some good walks. 

I did a few jigsaws back in the spring, probably for the first time in 50 odd years. Mainly those ones where you don't get to see the picture on the box. Wasgij, they're called. 

This coming phase after Thursday, I'm not expecting it to impact me at all really. Work in manufacturing, so that'll carry on as normal. Mrs is a teacher, so carry on as normal. And most weekends do a supermarket shop as normal. So not expecting any changes. Unless we get ill of course!

9 minutes ago, David said:

I'm actually determined to drink less alcohol this lockdown, looking back it's probably what got me more down. Alcohol is a depressant so it's probably not the right thing to get you through it. 

I was thinking the same, until my boss told me he has sent me a 24 can selection of Brewdowg beers to 'help get through the next few weeks' which whilst a nice gesture isn't going to help me stick to the plan! 

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I was thinking the same, until my boss told me he has sent me a 24 can selection of Brewdowg beers to 'help get through the next few weeks' which whilst a nice gesture isn't going to help me stick to the plan! 

Save them for December and use as an advent calendar 

Archived