Any one got some thing to look forward too

ram1964

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Image retention, ie burn-in. It must still happen else there'd be no reason to buy insurance against it? But lots of people rate them and buy them. Just do your research. ?

I can't remember who I was discussing mine with last week on here but I've not had any issues with screen burn in through regular daily use and gaming and I've had mine for almost 3 years now. Of course, if you watch Sky Sports News for 18 hours a day 7 days a week then you're more susceptible to it but you also probably have bigger issues for putting yourself through that much Sky Sports News.

16 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Cheers 

AVForums is good for reviews and info. There is still a long-running thread in the OLED section on burn-in. But also there's lots of people with them who have no problem. I couldn't take the risk with such an expensive purchase that I doubted I'd see that great a visual difference over our QLED.

https://www.avforums.com/forums/oled-tvs-forum.232/

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

I can't remember who I was discussing mine with last week on here but I've not had any issues with screen burn in through regular daily use and gaming and I've had mine for almost 3 years now. Of course, if you watch Sky Sports News for 18 hours a day 7 days a week then you're more susceptible to it but you also probably have bigger issues for putting yourself through that much Sky Sports News.

Me. I had it. But replaced the tv. I had earliest version of LG oled. Was an amazing picture. 

9 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

I retired at fifty, twenty years ago, never regretted it!

I certainly wouldn't regret retiring, affording it however is another matter!

1 hour ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Ducking hell.

I try not to dwell too much on missing games. But every so often it comes back and hits me like a truck.

That first game back without restrictions (I'm selfishly hoping it will be when I'm back in the country) will be ducking something. As will that first away day.

On 30/10/2020 at 23:32, ram1964 said:

Anyone have any good news to share or some thing to look forward to in these difficult times.

I've got to drive to Worksop in a bit which I'm looking forward to.

On the way I'm going to go to KFC and buy a Double Down. If you don't already know, a Double Down is a limited edition burger - a available till 15th November. Instead of bread... omg I'm shaking typing this... instead of bread it's two huge fillets of original recipe chicken fillets with bacon, cheese and BBQ sauce sandwiched between them. It's sensational. After the 15th November I don't even know what I'm going to do.

2 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

On the way I'm going to go to KFC and buy a Double Down. If you don't already know, a Double Down is a limited edition burger - a available till 15th November. Instead of bread... omg I'm shaking typing this... instead of bread it's two huge fillets of original recipe chicken fillets with bacon, cheese and BBQ sauce sandwiched between them. It's sensational. After the 15th November I don't even know what I'm going to do.

Boneless Banquet or nothing.

33 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

Wow! Get through that lot and hope there’s still a vacant bed in ICU!image.png.5c4ab223f786d3111c3de803d1b0ac75.png

Archived