Patrick Bamford

sonofmidnight

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/10/2020 at 18:32, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Never been a Bamford fan but wow he was immense yesterday. 3 very different goals. Wasn't impressed when he played for a short time in 2014 with us but Bielsa has really got the best out of him.

Interesting, always thought he was quality player, thought he looked really good for us as a potential goal scorer. I think he was used a bit too much on the wing or in and out the team if I remember correctly. 

2 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Interesting, always thought he was quality player, thought he looked really good for us as a potential goal scorer. I think he was used a bit too much on the wing or in and out the team if I remember correctly. 

I always thought he was lazy. Everything he did, bar shooting, seemed like he couldn't be bothered with it.

I like him. He reminds me of Alan Clarke. I've just seen an interview with Bamford and he is very modest about his intelligence. He speaks fluent French and he can understand Spanish and German. He is a person pychologists would call high in Agreeableness. One of the signs of this is that he doesn't pronounce his t's in order to seem less intelligent to his teammates. 

Agreeableness can be a weakness in a striker so it will be interesting to see how his career progresses. Top strikers like Brian Clough and Suarez never tried to fit in. They were on the opposite spectrum of Agreeableness and their selfishness got them goals. From what I have read, and I think I have read all the Clough books, Brian Clough was never liked by his teammates.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hmmm. Yes well I hated Alan Clarke, cheating L**ds scummer.

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I never disliked any other team. I always enjoyed the games against Leeds even if we lost. I was very disappointed when they fielded a reserve team against us around 1969 even though we beat them easily.

Archived