Jozwiak Disallowed Goal

Day

Jozwiak Disallowed Goal  

296 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It WAS offside, I would suggest that if you are on the pitch and NOT interfering with play then you shouldn’t be on the pitch....!!

every single person who is moaning about the decision on here would be fuming if that goal had been scored against us a given as ok  

for what it’s worth I think their goal was offside too.

Honestly don’t think I’d have even noticed it if it had been scored against us

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think it should have stood

But I also think the ref made the right call

I think by the rules of the game as they stand it was definitely an offside and he was close enough to the ball to be distracting/offputting to the GK in a way which the rule is supposed to 'prevent'

However - I think the rule is stupid - I get that they're trying to stop people standing in front of the keeper at freekicks etc but there must be a way to write it that allows for situations like this

I don't understand why GKs get these kinds of extra 'protections' which other players don't - When they're jumping or sticking arms/heads in dangerous places yes - But "not getting a clear view" is nonsense

In fairness the rule makers have written all sorts of things that allow goals to be scored even when another player is offside - unlike the old days when if any player was offside then the goal was disallowed automatically.

The key issues in both goals - theirs allowed and ours not - is the interpretation of 'interfering with an opponent  - preventing an opponent from playing the ball by clearly obstructing his line of vision'.

In both incidents players were clearly offside and in the immediate area - their no 26 and Waggy.  The reaction of the linesmen in both was different/inconsistent (which is Cocu's point), particularly given the fact that in both cases neither linesman could have done anything but guess about whether the offside player was interfering with an opponent's ability to play the ball by clearly obstructing his line of vision. It was physically impossible for them to know given the angles involved.

Therefore they should on both occasions either have stuck their flags up and let the ref know he needed to decide or kept their flags down.

My view is that both goals should have stood and that the linesmen should have signalled offside on both occasions.  What was really disappointing is that on neither occasion (especially the second) did ref and linesmen appear to speak to each other and on only one occasion did the lino put his flag up. Unfortunately for us it was the wrong way round.

22 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

In fairness the rule makers have written all sorts of things that allow goals to be scored even when another player is offside - unlike the old days when if any player was offside then the goal was disallowed automatically.

The key issues in both goals - theirs allowed and ours not - is the interpretation of 'interfering with an opponent  - preventing an opponent from playing the ball by clearly obstructing his line of vision'.

In both incidents players were clearly offside and in the immediate area - their no 26 and Waggy.  The reaction of the linesmen in both was different/inconsistent (which is Cocu's point), particularly given the fact that in both cases neither linesman could have done anything but guess about whether the offside player was interfering with an opponent's ability to play the ball by clearly obstructing his line of vision. It was physically impossible for them to know given the angles involved.

Therefore they should on both occasions either have stuck their flags up and let the ref know he needed to decide or kept their flags down.

My view is that both goals should have stood and that the linesmen should have signalled offside on both occasions.  What was really disappointing is that on neither occasion (especially the second) did ref and linesmen appear to speak to each other and on only one occasion did the lino put his flag up. Unfortunately for us it was the wrong way round.

Apart from that Forests should have been disallowed for the shirt pull not the “offside”

Archived