Clarke and the 'rhythm of how we play'?

RoyMac5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So he put in Wisdom? ?

As I said I was playing devils advocate and trying to interpret Cocu’s explanation.

I don’t agree with it. Clarke should have played. You start your best 11 and he’s part of that. 

Personally I wouldn’t have Wisdom near the first team at Centre Half and for me he’s not good enough at Right Back. 

Mike to Work is really concerning me. Not seen anything yet that I’d consider a real strength. Quick, Strong, Good in the Air, Comfortable on the Ball, Awareness, Organises or Adaptable. However I’ll  give him time to adjust as the Championship is unforgiving and he’s coming in at a very challenging period with a new team in a different country but it’s a worry. 

Concerned

Gangway D from the terrace

3 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Personally I wouldn’t have Wisdom near the first team at Centre Half and for me he’s not good enough at Right Back. 

Mike to Work is really concerning me. Not seen anything yet that I’d consider a real strength.

Did I hear right when someone said MTW could play either side? So why not let an unfit Wisdom play where he did okay last season? The more you delve the odder Cocu gets imo.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did I hear right when someone said MTW could play either side? So why not let an unfit Wisdom play where he did okay last season? The more you delve the odder Cocu gets imo.

We agree on this - it gets odder.

Cocu got it wrong.  I think the ‘Rhythm’ comment was him trying to explain his decision and admitting it was wrong without coming out and saying so.

Regards

I’ve seen better defending from an under 5’s team. 
The “defending” from wide areas yesterday was a demonstration of how not to play. It was truly shocking. 
Getting into the right positions when we didn’t have the ball - so amateurish it was unbelievable. 
How Blackburn only scored 4 is a mystery even with Marshall in good form. 
A knife through butter each time they went forward. 

I would like an explanation as to what they are doing on the training pitch all week. 

9 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

We agree on this - it gets odder.

Cocu got it wrong.  I think the ‘Rhythm’ comment was him trying to explain his decision and admitting it was wrong without coming out and saying so.

Regards

The reasons weren't wrong, but they badly backfired.

For all his faults yesterday Wisdom was trying to pass it out from the back quicker and more directly than Clarke does. Upping the tempo of our play IS something the management have highlighted as something they want to change.

I'm not sure why they didn't just trust Clarke to adapt though.

The problem wasn't the speed or tempo of Wisdom's passing it was the horrible accuracy.

It's a weird one because there have been games where Wisdom's passing has been very good, clever short passes to players near him. It's when he's asked to go longer with them he seems to struggle.

Oh and "didn't I hear someone say MTW could play both sides?" isn't evidence that MTW can play both sides, basing criticism on something you're not even sure has been said or is true... yeah, hard pass.

19 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Oh and "didn't I hear someone say MTW could play both sides?" isn't evidence that MTW can play both sides, basing criticism on something you're not even sure has been said or is true... yeah, hard pass.

Well playing an unfit Wisdom out of position can be criticised. Saying its so we can play out from the back faster is such a joke I can't think it needs criticising. Cocu spends so much time trying to make players play as he wants rather than how they can. 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Just to pick up on this one, I checked through MtW's game history on Transfermarkt, and aside from 3 or 4 that have been inputted incorrectly (highlights of the games show him very clearly playing on the right), he looks to have always played on the right hand side in a centre-back pairing.

Archived