Match Ratings v Reading

sage

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I said that! We need a replacement! We're going nowhere with Cocu until we get one. Marriott doesn't fit. He isn't the problem, a lack of Martin replacement IS the problem mate. 

That's not "the" problem though, the problem is we lacked any attacking threat down either side of the pitch, nothing in the middle and just a nothingness in general, we could still be playing now and still not score as we lacked any real intent. 

Playing 4-2-3-1 we don't need that player to hold up the ball, the 3 behind the striker need to be creating more, and thats the problem, we lack any kind of creativity at all. 

We don't need a Martin clone, stick Martin out there today and he would have made zero difference.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Keep @sage's thread clear of this, folks. He has to check in to record the ratings people post and I'm sure a lengthy discussion will be unhelpful.

Well said

3 minutes ago, David said:

That's not "the" problem though, the problem is we lacked any attacking threat down either side of the pitch, nothing in the middle and just a nothingness in general, we could still be playing now and still not score as we lacked any real intent. 

Playing 4-2-3-1 we don't need that player to hold up the ball, the 3 behind the striker need to be creating more, and thats the problem, we lack any kind of creativity at all. 

We don't need a Martin clone, stick Martin out there today and he would have made zero difference.

@David is ignoring you @SaintRam ban him!!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Fine.

Answer everyone else's criticism while I wait for the game to be replayed.

I am, but it's difficult to be discussing a game with someone that admittedly didn't watch it, it's like trying to discuss a film with someone that has only read a review in the Guardian.

If you still feel the same having watched it great.

Probably not supposed to do this, but if the full 90 is locked behind a RamsTV pass let me know and I will share my login details with you to watch the game back. I will warn you though, today was not great.

Marshall 6 - No chance

Wisdom 5 - Up against a good player and lost. 

Ter Wierik 5 - poor league debut. 

Clarke 6 - As expected. Tasked with being defender and Pique

Forsyth 6 - Some good bits and then alright. 

Bird 5 - poor from a future star but what's he meant to do when everything is on top of him

Shinnie 5 - Poor but again he stuck to the terribly unimaginative rigid tactics

Whittaker 6 - Sold out by the tactics of helping Reading get 11 men behind the ball before we construct an "attack"

Sibely 5 - good view of our defenders who he faced for 90 mins because we refuse to turn Reading around

Knight 5 - a suitable wide player for the tactics employed. 

Marriott 4 - pointless. Sub him off for Messi and it would still be pointless. We don't have strikers under Cocu, they're view obstructions for opposing defenders.

Subs 5 - Don't care. Shackled by tactics as stubborn as Pearson was with his style. Nobody could have earned a decent score

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Marshall 6 - No chance

Wisdom 5 - Up against a good player and lost. 

Ter Wierik 5 - poor league debut. 

Clarke 6 - As expected. Tasked with being defender and Pique

Forsyth 6 - Some good bits and then alright. 

Bird 5 - poor from a future star but what's he meant to do when everything is on top of him

Shinnie 5 - Poor but again he stuck to the terribly unimaginative rigid tactics

Whittaker 6 - Sold out by the tactics of helping Reading get 11 men behind the ball before we construct an "attack"

Sibely 5 - good view of our defenders who he faced for 90 mins because we refuse to turn Reading around

Knight 5 - a suitable wide player for the tactics employed. 

Marriott 4 - pointless. Sub him off for Messi and it would still be pointless. We don't have strikers under Cocu, they're view obstructions for opposing defenders.

Subs 5 - Don't care. Shackled by tactics as stubborn as Pearson was with his style. Nobody could have earned a decent score

too late. we closed at 9pm (midnight for midweek games)

12 minutes ago, europia said:

Marshall       6

Wisdom       3

Forsyth        3

MTW            3

Clarke          3

Bird               3

Shinnie          3

Knight           4

Sibley            3

Whittaker      3

Marriott         3

too late I'm afraid

4 minutes ago, sage said:

it would seem not. @SaintRam can all this argument be moved to the match thread as people can't follow that the ratings deadline has gone and the average issued. 

Can I argue that the deadline should be extended, especially when fans start being allowed into the ground, 9pm cut off point will exclude fans that have a pint or two after to celebrate or those need to travel home after games.

12pm Sunday perhaps otherwise you're limiting the views to compile fair ratings, especially when you are only looking for fans that watched the game.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Can I argue that the deadline should be extended, especially when fans start being allowed into the ground, 9pm cut off point will exclude fans that have a pint or two after to celebrate or those need to travel home after games.

12pm Sunday perhaps otherwise you're limiting the views to compile fair ratings, especially when you are only looking for fans that watched the game.

If only there a way to access this forum when away from home...

Just now, David said:

When the grounds open then I will extend the time.

But do we really want to wait for a rating every hour and delay the averages going out. Ideally they should go out by the end of that day. Once you get into double figures the average barely changes. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

If only there a way to access this forum when away from home...

I know what you're saying, but I watched Derby today, then Liverpool v Leeds before jumping on the Zoom call straight after, came off read a couple of threads and made my ratings before finding out I was past the cut off point.

You will also have fans which may drive home after games, not get home till gone 7, say hello to the missus and have dinner before jumping online.

A game where no fans were in attendance only 18 gave their ratings before I jumped on and was told I'm too late.

Just a suggestion that's all, if @sageis happy with that number of ratings then so be it, he's the one putting the work in. Just feel that when the ground is open it's going to be limited to a few reactionary ratings thats all.

Archived