Test Cricket is Back

sage

7 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Well rain for one, anyway play due at 2.15pm let's hope for a cracking afternoon's play

Yes, all 3 results are possible. With Moeen and Stokes not being fully fit i think they are slight favourites. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Yes, all 3 results are possible. With Moeen and Stokes not being fully fit i think they are slight favourites. 

I agree, i think the Aussies are just about favorites but its a close call.  I dont think the wet outfield will help our bowlers much but runs might be hard to come by.  

Have to say I agree with @sage, much as that pains me. Moeen's finger issues, combined with the fact Stokes isn't really fit at all, are factors that  I guess we should have foreseen. I think the declaration it's harder to be dogmatic about. Had they nicked a wicket or two, it'd look like a genius move. Sadly, conditions at the time were benign and no wickets fell. More to the point, Root was well ensconced and we might be a few runs short today. 

Setting aside all the controversy, it's been a brilliant test match and we could be on for a classic Ashes series. Maybe that should be the focus a tad more?

33 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Have to say I agree with @sage, much as that pains me. Moeen's finger issues, combined with the fact Stokes isn't really fit at all, are factors that  I guess we should have foreseen. I think the declaration it's harder to be dogmatic about. Had they nicked a wicket or two, it'd look like a genius move. Sadly, conditions at the time were benign and no wickets fell. More to the point, Root was well ensconced and we might be a few runs short today. 

Setting aside all the controversy, it's been a brilliant test match and we could be on for a classic Ashes series. Maybe that should be the focus a tad more?

I would add we are bowling with a wet ball. it's not moving. We may try and bounce them out.

And it worked...kind of...close fielders and suckered him with a full one

Edited by sage

I

10 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It feels like it's gone. Khawaja doesn't look like getting out and Green and Carey just need to stay with him. Perhaps put on a bit of a late spurt if needed.

A couple of quick wickets on the other hand...

I took the Aussies this morning and don’t plan to change. How can people say Test cricket is boring 🤣

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It feels like it's gone. Khawaja doesn't look like getting out and Green and Carey just need to stay with him. Perhaps put on a bit of a late spurt if needed.

A couple of quick wickets on the other hand...

Yes. Needs something special now. It's frustrating because in most ways we have been the better team.