Alfie Conn

Jimbo Ram

Watched an old edition of the Big Match yesterday from 1976. Main match was a thriller between Spurs and Everton at WHL, 3-3 draw. After the game Brian Moore interviewed Alfie Conn who was a striker for Spurs. He played for Rangers and Celtic as well. Out of interest I looked up some information about him and saw that he joined us in 1979 but didn't play  a game for us?? Anyone know what happened?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Watched an old edition of the Big Match yesterday from 1976. Main match was a thriller between Spurs and Everton at WHL, 3-3 draw. After the game Brian Moore interviewed Alfie Conn who was a striker for Spurs. He played for Rangers and Celtic as well. Out of interest I looked up some information about him and saw that he joined us in 1979 but didn't play  a game for us?? Anyone know what happened?

1 hour ago, admira said:

I think he did sign (as several websites show him on our books for a few months) but never played.

Yes, I agree. He looked quite decent in the highlights of the Spurs game...just wondered how he didn't get a game for us...

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, I agree. He looked quite decent in the highlights of the Spurs game...just wondered how he didn't get a game for us...

3 hours ago, admira said:

I think he did sign (as several websites show him on our books for a few months) but never played.

I don’t care what it says, he never signed.

from memory this was the last deal the doc was working on before he jumped ship. 

Archived