What a difference a year makes

FindernRam

Its my Birthday today.. pauses for a cheer or two.

Last year being 70 the Family shelled out for a "drive a steam train experience". There were 11 of us and all huddled around a massive picnic, the little ones were hugging kissing and generally causing mayhem, Then we (and other people), all crammed in these tiny coaches. Virus heaven if we but knew! Next day we drove to Devon to my Mother in her Care Home and meet the local family down there.

This year, bottle of scotch ( a nice one mind), some chocolates and hand made cards, Devon post hasn't made it so far. Apparently we are having a SD BBQ in the daughters garden, when allowed, but only half the family unfortunately. Still I'm very happy, we're all well and that's all that matters.

Can't see my Mother (96) or my Sisters, Nieces etc. Frustratiing but better than being ill 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm welling up. My Grandaughters made me a selection of  scones to a traditional recipe and  gave me a pot of genuine Devon Clotted Cream with a jar of jam to go with it! They know I miss the ones at the Marina!

Brilliant.

Is it jam first or cream?☺️

Thanks for the best wishes.

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Well I'm welling up. My Grandaughters made me a selection of  scones to a traditional recipe and  gave me a pot of genuine Devon Clotted Cream with a jar of jam to go with it! They know I miss the ones at the Marina!

Brilliant.

Is it jam first or cream?☺️

Thanks for the best wishes.

Definitely jam 1st. Hope this helps to complete a special day. Have a gud un. ?

Archived