Extended interview with Rams CEO Stephen Pearce

RoyMac5

5 hours ago, metalsheep02 said:

I wondered whether a 2 or 3 year season ticket (at discount) might generate some funds if cashflow is tight for the club? Less revenue down the line but the financial problems would appear to be most severe at the current time.

Great idea - I would be very tempted with something like this as well.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, rammieib said:

I’m still curious to know how we’re paying the bills right now. There must be circa £2 million going out of the business every month (even after deferrals) and less than £250k coming in currently.

I can’t imagine the club is sat on a lot of cash either, so if Mel is putting his hand in his pocket then fair play even if they are loans over investment. 

This would be my one question and @OwenB87 didn’t really ask it. It’s pretty obvious everyone is struggling for cash right now so some questions asked were a little easy/obvious?

But fair play on MM/SP giving up a decent amount of time to do the interview.

Final idea from me - no idea how to implement it but if the club offered say an on the spot discount of another 15% on a ST for next year if we renewed right now, I’d do that straight away. (As long as there was a guarantee that money would be refunded if we couldn’t legally attend games). Problem is I imagine a few thousand have already renewed so how you’d implement I don’t know!

Well I reniew more less first week

But for to be charged again even if 15 percent discount.

Calling for fans patience, good luck with that! ?

This must be a real nightmare for all football clubs, it isn’t anything you would think to prepare for and have a plan in place.

Doesn’t help we will also be preparing to battle with the EFL over their backtracking on the stadium deal. 

Must be mental behind the scenes right now so whilst this interview didn’t reveal a great deal which is understandable, to spend half hour on this update and show their faces is appreciated.

Just hope fans can remain patient, they are not going to run away to the Cayman Islands with our ticket money and fold the club leaving us a choice between gardening or Burton Albion.

1 hour ago, David said:

This must be a real nightmare for all football clubs, it isn’t anything you would think to prepare for and have a plan in place.

Doesn’t help we will also be preparing to battle with the EFL over their backtracking on the stadium deal. 

Must be mental behind the scenes right now so whilst this interview didn’t reveal a great deal which is understandable, to spend half hour on this update and show their faces is appreciated.

Just hope fans can remain patient, they are not going to run away to the Cayman Islands with our ticket money and fold the club leaving us a choice between gardening or Burton Albion.

I was convinced my £38.50 monthly season ticket contribution was going in Mels pocket and helping fund his Deliveroo addiction.

After that interview my mind is at ease ?

1 hour ago, David said:

I would say there are no flights there but then again, Mel has a private plane ?

7 hours ago, David said:

To be fair, I think the vast majority of fans are being patient and understanding of the difficult position the club faces particularly with the uncertainty over this season and next. It's probably just the very small noisy minority that really don't get it.

It can’t be easy for them at the moment and the situation with the EFL lingers on like a bad smell. What I would say is that despite football returning at some point, it’s going to be poo show when it does. 

80% of clubs will undoubtedly break FFP in the championship, so that will be whatever anyone talks about. Games behind closed doors, excessive testing, games postponed at a moments notice and legal battles. Football is dead, Ffptball is born.

To consider that people are demanding:
19/20 season end 
20/21 season
Euros
21/22 season
World Cup
22/23 season 

I am no expert, but surely that’s not possible. In the most ideal situation that would be difficult, nevermind now. 

The financial ramifications are large, football at this level will need 100s of millions of investment which the football league has actively pursued (seemingly) to avoid with more red tape than the North Pole at Christmas. Football will return, of course, but let’s not kid ourselves, it won’t be the same for an extremely long time. 

Archived