Extended interview with Rams CEO Stephen Pearce

RoyMac5

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good interview on RamsTV. Mel said he had some health issues, glad he is now OK. Also, he’s been talking to US Investors last week so clearly something is still ongoing in regards to investment. 

Thank god for our academy, could be our saving grace in these testing times! 

I’m still curious to know how we’re paying the bills right now. There must be circa £2 million going out of the business every month (even after deferrals) and less than £250k coming in currently.

I can’t imagine the club is sat on a lot of cash either, so if Mel is putting his hand in his pocket then fair play even if they are loans over investment. 

This would be my one question and @OwenB87 didn’t really ask it. It’s pretty obvious everyone is struggling for cash right now so some questions asked were a little easy/obvious?

But fair play on MM/SP giving up a decent amount of time to do the interview.

Final idea from me - no idea how to implement it but if the club offered say an on the spot discount of another 15% on a ST for next year if we renewed right now, I’d do that straight away. (As long as there was a guarantee that money would be refunded if we couldn’t legally attend games). Problem is I imagine a few thousand have already renewed so how you’d implement I don’t know!

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

I’m still curious to know how we’re paying the bills right now. There must be circa £2 million going out of the business every month (even after deferrals) and less than £250k coming in currently.

I can’t imagine the club is sat on a lot of cash either, so if Mel is putting his hand in his pocket then fair play even if they are loans over investment. 

This would be my one question and @OwenB87 didn’t really ask it. It’s pretty obvious everyone is struggling for cash right now so some questions asked were a little easy/obvious?

But fair play on MM/SP giving up a decent amount of time to do the interview.

Final idea from me - no idea how to implement it but if the club offered say an on the spot discount of another 15% on a ST for next year if we renewed right now, I’d do that straight away. (As long as there was a guarantee that money would be refunded if we couldn’t legally attend games). Problem is I imagine a few thousand have already renewed so how you’d implement I don’t know!

I wondered whether a 2 or 3 year season ticket (at discount) might generate some funds if cashflow is tight for the club? Less revenue down the line but the financial problems would appear to be most severe at the current time.

I like Mel’s priorities:

1 - health and well-being of players, Backroom staff, other staff and supporters

2 - survival of football clubs at all levels

3 - restarting football when safe to do so (although he did say it’s soulless without fans in the stadium).

I also think he’s right about football needing a reset from top to bottom but I don’t see how that’s going to happen in a fair and equitable way.

27 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

I wondered whether a 2 or 3 year season ticket (at discount) might generate some funds if cashflow is tight for the club? Less revenue down the line but the financial problems would appear to be most severe at the current time.

Is that a sensible version of the outrageous one at Wednesday?

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Is that a sensible version of the outrageous one at Wednesday?

I think there were so many terms and conditions in that arrangement that you required a masters degree to understand what it was you were actually buying. I don't think Wednesday had too many takers on that offer. 

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

I like Mel’s priorities:

1 - health and well-being of players, Backroom staff, other staff and supporters

2 - survival of football clubs at all levels

3 - restarting football when safe to do so (although he did say it’s soulless without fans in the stadium).

I also think he’s right about football needing a reset from top to bottom but I don’t see how that’s going to happen in a fair and equitable way.

Always good to hear from Mel.

I wonder how many of those priorities are shared by the EFL?

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Blimey, I'll get a drink in there's 27+minutes of that video! ? Is it me or does Mel look like Sir Pat Stew? ?

Did you spot how many times the word “challenge” was used? I suspect it was the word used the most during the 27 minutes and do you think I’ve been in lockdown way too long now @RoyMac5? ?

49 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Did you spot how many times the word “challenge” was used? I suspect it was the word used the most during the 27 minutes and do you think I’ve been in lockdown way too long now @RoyMac5? ?

I wonder how our 'challenge' will have changed, will the new 'climate' be seen as an opportunity to push on? Yes, yes you have been in lockdown too long..but so have we all it seems!

Archived