Coronavirus

1of4

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Will they though? When does it all stop. We can’t live like this forever, vaccine or no vaccine. I certainly don’t want to 

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I don’t claim to have the answers. I’m struggling to even decide on my own personal approach to all this, let alone preach to others on perceived rights and wrongs. 

I’m all for living life to the full, but if by doing so, I am putting the health and lives of my family/friends/colleagues/acquaintances/fellow Rams fans, and indeed decent strangers, at risk, I’m not certain that would be the right approach for me to take. 

Obviously, as time goes by, I may get more desperate to solely look after number one, and may even become the worlds most selfish person, but for now I’m content enough (for want of a better phrase) to hang back, consider others, and see what happens. 

?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Sounds reasonable. But then the media will be full of interviews with sad looking people who live on their own saying it's not fair that two big families can meet up. 2 households could be 2 people or 12+. Why can't 12 households of single people meet up?

How is that any more fair than what we have now?

Not having a go at you at all. You've come up with a reasonable solution, but my point is that no limit is fair to everyone.

I'm not sure. Most people understood the early part of lockdown and complied. It all started going wrong when the rush to re-open pubs started and advice went all confused. It was only a week before the "rule of six' that government were imploring people to go back to work, as if working from home whilst doing childcare doesn't count.

A competent government could easily explain why it was much more risky to mix multiple households rather than a larger number of just 2 households. One reason the media looks overly critical is that most of the ministers are incompetent, or trying to defend illogical decisions. Don't remember Sunak been treated harshly by the media, as he is professional and competent and has made good, clear decisions.

Plus the Cummings debacle completely changed the mood. People made enormous sacrifices during the lockdown, then one of the main people responsible for these rules trampled all over them, the openly lied.

The future is looking pretty bleak with Covid and Brexit approaching.

If two groups, that will total more than six people, stop in the street to talk, or mingling as Priti Patel calls it.  Then according to her, those people should be reported to the police and I assume wiill then be punished with a fine.

Does this mean just groups that are not socially distancing from other groups? Or will it included any two groups that say hello to each other while passing each other in the street.?

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Great to see you're adhering to the first rule of MumsNet mate ?

I signed up for mumsnet,  I thought it was fantastic until I realised autocorrect had kicked in and I'd signed up for bumsnet 

still great though ?

41 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

If two groups, that will total more than six people, stop in the street to talk, or mingling as Priti Patel calls it.  Then according to her, those people should be reported to the police and I assume wiill then be punished with a fine.

Does this mean just groups that are not socially distancing from other groups? Or will it included any two groups that say hello to each other while passing each other in the street.?

I'm in a difficult situation in that our extended foster family is now 6 people. Basically someone visiting is going to put me over the limit. I have a social bubble, who are exempt, and because there's provision for support for vulnerable people (all looked after children count as vulnerable), I can include visits that support the child's wellbeing. Also I can allow visits from family who would visit before lockdown, as both parents don't live with the vulnerable child/children. But it's not simple, is it?

Might be easier to buy a fox and punch it in the face every night, and say we're meeting for sporting reasons.

2 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

But it's going in the direction you'd expect given the increasing number of infections.

When will you consider it significant?

153 cases in the whole of the UK out of 65M ??‍♂️ And are they admissions because of COVID or with it, a huge difference. 

Come back when it’s in the thousands  with people who are hospitalised due to COVID not just with it. 

Imo We need to stop dramatising and hyperboling COVID. It is what it is, it’s not going away lets live with it like we do every other contagious virus (eg the flu) because the TRUE numbers tell us it’s not more dangerous.

6 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Looks rather significant growth rate yeah. The numbers are a fraction of what they were in March granted but its been consistently growing for weeks. 

Its all exponent growth. 

Just wondering if you’ll post the seasonal flu hospitalisations and monitor the trend of those in a few weeks. If not why not? 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Just wondering if you’ll post the seasonal flu hospitalisations and monitor the trend of those in a few weeks. If not why not? 

Ah the ol' covid is just like the flu comparisons when it is clearly more dangerous. 

The government don't to my knowledge publish those but I'd imagine they are also rising. 

2 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Ah the ol' covid is just like the flu comparisons when it is clearly more dangerous. 

The government don't to my knowledge publish those but I'd imagine they are also rising. 

Ah doesn’t fit the narrative I see #brainwashed 

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

are they admissions because of COVID or with it

I find it amazing none of the forum scientists and experts can never ever answer this question............ 

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I find it amazing none of the forum scientists and experts can never ever answer this question............ 

Because its a question that is obviously impossible to know precisely as its often a number of compounding issues that causes someone to be hospitalised. 

I don't think it's up for debate whether coronavirus is particularly dangerous for those with existing health conditions - it is. 

If you need 'proof' it exists and causes death just look at the excess death profiles over the spring. 

13 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Because its a question that is obviously impossible to know precisely as its often a number of compounding issues that causes someone to be hospitalised. 

I don't think it's up for debate whether coronavirus is particularly dangerous for those with existing health conditions - it is. 

If you need 'proof' it exists and causes death just look at the excess death profiles over the spring. 

Died with it or because of it? 

Archived