The Politics Thread 2020

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You keep saying that yet you quote an article from a month ago - So every other country realised a full month ago that working with Apple and Google would be best - It's taken our government an extra month vs everyone else to realise this is the best approach

I appreciate you probably like the isolationist mentality of pretending the rest of the world doesn't exist - But it isn't a healthy way for our government to behave

10 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Well yeah - obviously my opinion, but a lot of other people's opinion too.

This government are so relentlessly incompetent they've even managed to lose their biggest fans

image.thumb.png.5dd6b59553820c18c6ff87e9296b4996.png

To be so consistently incompetent requires a plan. Herd immunity it is then.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

No Captain Facetious, I didn't say that (as you well know) - I'm saying that there are rules regarding what can (and cannot) be displayed on shirts - political statemants are not allowed according to the regulations, but the FA are happy to overlook this because they want to be seen to be doing something they see as being popular with the general public.

And poppies aren't popular?

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

To be so consistently incompetent requires a plan. Herd immunity it is then.

Thing is we have boris johnson, Grayling and Raab high up the food chain Look at their cv just shows what they are people of no substance.

20 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Straight from their go fund me from the UK site.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund

image.thumb.png.37a74e80972804137c68e45a5d9774fe.png

Main website.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

image.thumb.png.13143af8844da69101a41e95d29249b8.png

And your point is?

Capitalism is a creation of white, western nations and has been forced on the rest of the world - Just because it's been the most successful ideology doesn't mean it's right

You think it is because it suits your life (and mine) and your ideology - Why wouldn't a group who has only been disadvantaged by the system want to explore a different one?

37 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Just logged back for the first time in a week or so and thought a bit of opinion from a mate of mine who has worked on designing some of the governments software for systems might be helpful . --- A huge problem with designing these things is the cost of licensing fees for each product .  As such the idea of all governments since is to 'patch' on to old programmes using old databases- often from the 90's- to keep programmes running .  This has been happening for 20 years  More investment has come in to allow access to records nationwide with the idea less staff will be needed on government payrolls, but the patching is still an issue. These programmes are designed to be as close as possible without the costs associated with the licensing and often have huge teething problems rolled out to one area for a year for testing, then back to the drawing board for additional work .  As more information gets added to the system- customer contact notes etc, capacity issues arise and speed becomes a problem.

Personally, I think with this one you have to go with the best option and use the best provider of such software. The risk isn't an incorrect tax calculation or such if things go wrong and we don't have 12-24 months to get it working competently.

Just now, GboroRam said:

I understand the reluctance of allowing Apple and Google to get involved in the handling of millions of people's personal data. But the one organisation I'd trust less than those two is the UK Government.

Which on Tony Blair’s. 

Archived