Lampard's transfers

ariotofmyown

I know he did the bounce and got some loans in that were way too good for this division, but can't help feeling he left us in a worse state than he found us.

Waghorn, Marriott and Malone are starting to look like really bad value signings now after flashes of some good play last season. Jozefsoon could be worse signing since Anya.

However, Holmes and Davies were decent signings as they were pretty cheap. Shinnie has looked good for a free so far.

Last season was exciting at times but I'm sure we would be much better now if Knight, Lowe and other kids had played more matches last season, rather than us developing a couple of players from Chelsea plus Wilson for Lpool.

Maybe if we hadn't gone out on the lash after beating Leeds, we might have been better in the final? Still find it odd that highly paid professional players were allowed to go and get wasted together at such a crucial time.

Thanks for the memories Frank. Not the aftermath.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Holmes has been less than ordinary for some time. He was non-existent today.

Holmes is a squad player for mid table champ team ,tries hard ,has pace and engine but nowhere near the quality needed , not slagging him it’s just the truth

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Holmes is a squad player for mid table champ team ,tries hard ,has pace and engine but nowhere near the quality needed , not slagging him it’s just the truth

Didn't show near enough today. Used to look really up for it and run with the ball. But yeah he's not good enough for this league for me.

Evans - worth the gamble - squad player 

Malone - expensive but lowe wasn’t ready and Forsyth has injuries 

holmes - ok out wide but we lose so much of everything from a midfield when central 

Marriott - simply put not enough goals 

Waghorn - over paid for him but he tries and doesn’t give up despite his limitations 

Archived