Rooney predictions before he has kicked a ball

Chester40

Sky will do a two hour build up to the match against Barnsley and Rooney isn't in the squad...oh if only to make sky look stupid.

Rooney will score some spectacular goals and inspire us for a late but just short charge up the table. Shirt sales will treble.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, angieram said:

We are relishing seeing Rooney in a Derby County shirt, but just imagine how the other forwards feel - they'll be rubbing their hands together with glee thinking of the space they're going to get as everyone piles in to 'stop Rooney'.

If we play any other forwards

I suspect that he’ll come in for some heavy tackles from opposition hard men leading to some “altercations”. The average level of refereeing in the Championship is mediocre at best so there might be yellow & red cards. He’ll inspire us to work harder and will lift the team in training but I wonder if his playing philosophy {get the ball forward quickly} might at times be at variance with Phillip’s {cf Rooney’s comments today about Big Dunc’s style at Everton}.  Intriguing and interesting in a season that I’m already losing heart about. Let’s hope playing-wise he wants to enjoy his one last hurrah and he’s not hounded by the gutter press. 

My concern is that he hasn't got the arrogance of a Ronaldo to just goal-hang and be prolific. 

He will try and prove his commitment and work hard and be everywhere, tackling, passing, driving the team on...so his impact will be slightly diluted and he won't score that many goals...less than 10 this season. 

Archived