Pochettino

G STAR RAM

Well whatever happens, if Mourinho breaks wind we’ll know about as it’s been blanket from Sky and when I say blanket I mean double duvet blanket. Sick to death of switching over to watch same old same old churned out. How much am I paying a month again ?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Don't know,  when did he last not win major trophies? 

Not sure I’d class anything he won at Utd as major. That’s not to say I wouldn’t snap your hand off for Derby to win any of those trophies, just don’t think they’re in the same league as a Prem title or winning the Champs League. 

I think the best thing about Mourinho going to Tottenham is that both hypothetical scenarios currently being aired by supporters are as equally likely as each other. 

He's absolutely a better manager than Pochettino. Mourinho is one of the best managers in the history of the game, albeit I wouldn't suggest he's a very good coach. I think he will bring a persona and arrogance to Spurs that could see them legitimately seen as a tier one side on a world wide scale. 

Spurs are one of the only teams in the world that was able to get to a Champions League final and then their players want to use that accolade as a platform to move on. The truth is under Poch, emphasised by their ownership, they were seen as a team punching above their weight. They need to do what Man City have done - accelerate themselves as a tier one club. They need to be seen as a club that can sign the world's best, not a team that only sign promising players to develop. Mourinho can do that. 

On the other side of the coin, if the ownership don't facilitate his ideology and back him then he will walk around pissed off and offer little but snide comments before leaving on bad terms and go back to doing Paddy Power commercials. 

It's a good choice for Spurs - hope for the best. If nothing else, it's something that will accelerate their worldwide reputation and more people will be talking about them. Kane is a player he's going to love working with, absolutely no doubt about that. 

Archived