We are all Derby

Comrade 86

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

We make a choice to stand together when our beloved club needs us most, or we stand in line with Leeds, Boro, the EFL, Sky and every other ducker with and axe to grind and help them tear it all down.

Yeah spot on. It's time for us to try and move past the events, constantly fighting over the events that have been or gone won't solve anything now. Whilst I won't support the players in question, I'll support the club and focus on the football now so hopefully Derby can move forward. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Choose Life. Choose TL & MB. Choose DCFC. Choose Dark Fruits. Choose Missing Out On Play Offs. Choose Losing Play Offs. Choose Championship Football. Choose Sky TV. Choose BT Sport. Choose RamsTV. Choose To Support Your Football Club. Choose Real Life Friends. Choose DCFC Fans Forum. Choose Mel Morris. Choose Two Posters To Put Up On Your Wall.........

image.png

image.png

Brilliant film.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49941786

Fined 6 weeks wages.

Bet you wish you hadn't written all that now.  Think the fine and the statement should have come before they played. 

Not at all. The news was released at time of writing and nigh on a fortnight after the event. My take would be that the club wanted to wait for the outcome of the court case but the reaction to the two of them being selected has forced their hand. Do you see it differently and if so what's your thinking around the timing of it all? 

For the last time, my issue, if that's what it is, is with 'supporters' labelling Morris and Cocu a 'disgrace' amongst other things, likewise assuming fellow fans also wanting the court to deal with the players before the club impose sanctions are somehow lacking in moral fibre, as opposed to merely thinking due process might be the way forward. It's your archetypal straw man argument with a cherry on top and no amount of browbeating will persuade me otherwise. 

@86 Schmokes & a Pancake, I feel like you about some of the more extreme reactions around recent events. However, I take comfort in the fact that some of the most completely over the top and repetitive posts are from the same posters who in my opinion over-react to everything on here. They don't affect me because they are expected.

What I do, however, find unsettling are the many very strong viewpoints that differ to mine from posters who I very much respect and would normally be in complete agreement with on all things Derby County.

This rightly makes me question my own reaction to the recent events, but even so, it hasn't changed my stance.

So I have concluded that what we each feel is part of our own belief system, our wider DNA rather than our Derby DNA. I am therefore trying not to challenge or antagonize those I disagree with but quietly waiting for things to settle down again. It will be a while because the court cases and fall out from those have still to happen. 

In the meantime I am just going to get on with supporting my team. If that in itself offends some posters, then tough, as I am never going to apologise for that.

13 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

I thought the disciplinery process was yet to start?

Yes, you are quite correct but for me, and I’m happy for anyone to disagree, I would have removed them from the first team picture until after the court hearing, then, if the club saw fit to suspend them for 6 games for example, they would have served 2 by missing the Barnsley and Luton games. 

I see Bennett has issued an apology, fine by me, it's not for me to decide whether he is genuinely remorseful or if it’s just a damage limitation exercise, but I feel it would have been better published before he took to a pitch.

Lawrence’s failure to make a statement is obviously because there are implications preventing him currently doing so at present and as I am not privy to those I have no problem with the delay, I’m sure we’ll get it in due course.

Don’t forget, I’m not saying I am correct in my view and my way may be the wrong way for many people but that’s how I would have dealt with the situation if I were the owner. After all, the club have assured us there will be consequences for Bennett and Lawrence to face, my suggestion gets any absences from the first team picture dealt with quicker so we can move on from this unsavoury situation and focus on the rest of the season.

10 hours ago, ramit said:

This has been a trying time for the club, the players and the fans.  i agree with @86 Schmokes & a Pancake that the atmosphere has become unhealthily toxic.  We disagree on certain points, very well, but lets take a breather and try to get some unity back.  If it means swallowing a lump of discontent, then by all means lets do that.  That's not an exorbitant price to pay, if it helps the club to move onward from this crisis. Let us not entertain mockers, lets stick together as Rams.

Are there any mockers though? To me the people who are criticising is split into four categories- some of these categories overlap

1- Those who thought it was wrong and ridiculous for them to play before their court date but are willing to forgive them in time

2- Those who have been personally affected as a consequence of drink driving or know people who have so know the seriousness of it, feeling a sharing of anger to the club for putting them in after 1 game and not seemingly treating it seriously enough 

3- An anger at the players  for being stupid enough for getting in that drunk state in the first place and then driving home even though they were offered vehicles home earlier in the night

4. An anger at other fans for not treating it seriously enough and laughing it off by signing songs in support of the players 

I find myself falling into all four categories.

I don’t think there are any ‘mockers’ , if there are they are fans of other clubs.

16 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Are there any mockers though? To me the people who are criticising is split into four categories- some of these categories overlap

1- Those who thought it was wrong and ridiculous for them to play before their court date but are willing to forgive them in time

2- Those who have been personally affected as a consequence of drink driving or know people who have so know the seriousness of it, feeling a sharing of anger to the club for putting them in after 1 game and not seemingly treating it seriously enough 

3- An anger at the players  for being stupid enough for getting in that drunk state in the first place and then driving home even though they were offered vehicles home earlier in the night

4. An anger at other fans for not treating it seriously enough and laughing it off by signing songs in support of the players 

I find myself falling into all four categories.

I don’t think there are any ‘mockers’ , if there are they are fans of other clubs.

i was referring to some fans of other clubs.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

@86 Schmokes & a Pancake, I feel like you about some of the more extreme reactions around recent events. However, I take comfort in the fact that some of the most completely over the top and repetitive posts are from the same posters who in my opinion over-react to everything on here. They don't affect me because they are expected.

What I do, however, find unsettling are the many very strong viewpoints that differ to mine from posters who I very much respect and would normally be in complete agreement with on all things Derby County.

This rightly makes me question my own reaction to the recent events, but even so, it hasn't changed my stance.

So I have concluded that what we each feel is part of our own belief system, our wider DNA rather than our Derby DNA. I am therefore trying not to challenge or antagonize those I disagree with but quietly waiting for things to settle down again. It will be a while because the court cases and fall out from those have still to happen. 

In the meantime I am just going to get on with supporting my team. If that in itself offends some posters, then tough, as I am never going to apologise for that.

What, in your opinion are some of the over the top posts? I personally don’t think any of the responses have been over the top, they’ve all been fairly reasonable in this situation, what you’d expect from any criminal case. People will have react differently depending on their experiences . I.e a victim of drink driving themselves or know of someone who is, in my opinion it’s wrong to criticise someone who naturally may be more “triggered” to this because they may be more affected than someone who hasn’t really had any experiences as a result of  drink driving

7 hours ago, angieram said:

This in spades. Perhaps I should take a leaf out of your book and not let it get to me so much but I'm a gobby hothead so there's not much chance of that. 

Archived