Amazon

DCFC1388

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8 August 2019 at 03:17, SKRam said:

I sometimes gamble, my life is not ruined. Malicious tax evasion, climate change denying, underpaid workers, anti union..... I’ll leave it there. Hobson probably got sacked by Amazon for taking five minutes too long on his break 

Malicious? What is your definition of this word? 

Whether we approve of their tax strategy or not I don't believe for one minute that their motivation is to deliberately damage their workers or the beneficiaries of any tax gathered. It is driven by a desire to maximise profits/dividend/executive pay etc. The impact is an unpleasant side effect not the driver. 

Well of course it’s deliberate and malicious. They’re not accidentally not paying their fair share. Their accountants will be the best money can buy. I’ll not list tax/ profit ratio, it’s easy enough to search. They say they pay their ‘fair share’, well that’s ok then we can all rest easy. Some folk need to realise this isn’t a pop at their employees. Many of them are suffering ridiculously low pay and conditions, at times needs must 

10 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Perfect!! Matched with the biggest ffp dodging football team the world has ever seen ?

With a bit of a tweak, we could turn that into a song... maybe even a new club anthem! 

...And it's Derby COUNTY... Derby COUNTY FC... We're by far...

:-)

Archived