Amazon

DCFC1388

37 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Is there a single company we could be associated with that some people wouldn’t find a negative associated it? 

Although in all likelihood, it’s just a flag waving in the background ?

Villa had Acorns (the children' hospice not the antiques) on their shirts for a while.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Is being (alleged) tax dodgers worse than making a fortune out of gambling? 

I’d say yes. One uses methods to avoid tax, not advertising the fact. One does what it says on the lid. Interesting point though

42 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Good point. I seem to remember at the time it was seen as a really "wholesome" sponsor....

It wasn't so much that.  Barcelona had never had a shirt sponsor up until that point.  Barcelona paid Unicef to be on their shirts, as a way to break that tradition so they could then have a proper shirt sponsor the season after with less moaning about it.

37 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’d say yes. One uses methods to avoid tax, not advertising the fact. One does what it says on the lid. Interesting point though

So would we /should we not build the club because a sponsor has alleged tax issues? How many of us would stop supporting the Rams?

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

The same Unicef that was wrapped up in several sex scandals last year involving people they should have been protecting?

There are very few sponsors of any kind that everyone would support, I suspect.

As stated, they didn't pay which alot of fans would have a problem with giving up that income particularly if ticket prices went up that year to cover it (barca could afford never having one at all) . If they did pay I would say it would be the most morally wrong for them to use donation money for this

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

Please no. Biggest tax dodging company there is. Be so sad

I bet they pay more in vat, employers paye and their employees that they offer job opportunities to than the last x amount of our sponsors combined. Get off a high horse over a completely legitimate loophole, not illegal. I'd like to see anyone on here honestly say they pay more tax than they have to and if given the opportunity to pay less legally they wouldn't.... 

52 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Legitimate... Legal methods... 

They are entitled to run an international companies profits through any country they choose including tax havens.... 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

One uses lawful, however much we may disapprove, methods of minimising their tax bill, the other generates masses amounts out of income from gambling - such a serious problem for some that they have to issue a "health warning". 

I wouldn't turn either down but, If I had the choice of Amazon or 32 Red being our shirt sponsors then I know which I'd choose.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, SKRam said:

Those to blame aren't those that legally pay less tax. Its the people who enable it by allowing them to do so.

How many of us given a choice of paying less tax legally would do so if we could?

3 hours ago, SKRam said:

It's tax avoidance which isn't illegal and a legitimate way of reducing corporate tax burdens inside the countries tax framework.

You can say anything you wish about the moralities of it but it's not illegal.

3 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

A few days ago there was a recruitment fair at PP for Amazon to go and work for them nothing to do with football as far as i understand. Might be the same.

Yes you are spot on interviews have been taking place nothing more than that

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Those to blame aren't those that legally pay less tax. Its the people who enable it by allowing them to do so.

How many of us given a choice of paying less tax legally would do so if we could?

Totally agree. They operate within the Law. It's the tax-dodging corrupt low-lifes that make those laws that are the problem. 

If our MP's didn't like the fact that most international companies pay little or no tax in this country then they could simply change the law so that tax was payable in the country revenue was earned or impose a tariff on their profits like the French have done 

If a sponsorship deal means we can buy better players and get back to the PL I'd cheerfully take money off Amazon or anybody else.  

3 hours ago, SKRam said:

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's tax avoidance which isn't illegal and a legitimate way of reducing corporate tax burdens inside the countries tax framework.

You can say anything you wish about the moralities of it but it's not illegal.

I find their working practices more problematic. Their workers are treated horrifically, despite Jeff Bezos being the richest man in the world.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I find their working practices more problematic. Their workers are treated horrifically, despite Jeff Bezos being the richest man in the world.

Agree with that they aren't a people orientated business for sure. 

Though Sports Direct aren't any saints either so its not just overseas companies that are at fault.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I find their working practices more problematic. Their workers are treated horrifically, to make Jeff Bezos the richest man in the world.

FTFY

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

So would we /should we not build the club because a sponsor has alleged tax issues? How many of us would stop supporting the Rams?

Wouldn’t affect my support for the club, and whilst no expert, I do read up on some of the ‘companies behind the label’. You may have an issue for a certain reason and wouldn’t support a company because of their ethos, exposing companies for their ethics is becoming more important thankfully. There are a number of huge companies involved in tax ‘avoidance’ as you’re probably aware. My phone is Apple, they could do a lot better! Not perfect but allowing us to make our own informed choices can have a massive bearing on how a business/company behaves. 

48 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

And the companies that pay their fair share are at a disadvantage over those who choose to have their accounts in the Isle of Man/ Lithuania etc. Not a level playing field. And when our NHS is in need of extra funding .....

38 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Figures for CEO to workers pay I believe show his ratio the highest by a long way. 

Archived