Captain Keogh

rynny

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Does anyone actually disagree with this choice?

Genuinely interested. 

I do disagree.

IMO captain should never blame others for his own mistakes and go down like Chris Martin when someone dares to get close to him.

Unfortunately, we've lost lots of leadership this summer and there's not many good options anymore (besides Davies, who is not in starting line up). 

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I do disagree.

IMO captain should never blame others for his own mistakes and go down like Chris Martin when someone dares to get close to him.

Unfortunately, we've lost lots of leadership this summer and there's not many good options anymore (besides Davies, who is not in starting line up). 

We've gained Shinnie who, by all accounts, was a very good captain/leader at Aberdeen. Davies is back from injury. Martin back from his two year tour round the Championship.  Not sure that we've lost other than Bryson and Nugent in the leadership bracket and they might not have been playing so much this season.

9 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I do disagree.

me an' all 

If we want a captain who puts in the effort, throws his body on the line and is (now) able to take ball out of defence and pass it forwards, then Keogh is it.

If we want a captain who can be relied upon to make the right decisions when under pressure and lead others when things aren't going well, then Keogh isn't it.

As Dimmu has said, there are no other stand out candidates unfortunately.  (I don't think that Martin will start regularly and I'm not sure that Shinnie will either. Davies won't in my opinion).

9 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Can't wait to see Keogh leading out Wayne fudging Rooney of all players when he makes his debut. Can't think of a more beautiful sight in football. 

I can

20/21 Season Old Trafford 1st game of the season (Rams getting promotion this year, and not Utd getting relegated …….but you never know)

I've been long since satisfied that placing Keogh as the captain and keeping him there is a prerequisite for managing Derby.

Mel Morris: 'I must insist on one thing...'

Thankfully it only really means calling the toss but to think others see him as our talisman is embarrassing.

Archived