Don’t buy tickets for your non ram friends and family PLEASE

RoodyMcFoody

Obviously it’s all down to personal preference and opinion, but I just think there is a huge possibility of many Derby fans attempting to purchase tickets for their non Derby supporting friends and family.

Please people just think if you do manage that, all it means everytime one of you secure a ticket for these acquaintances, is that another Derby fan is going to suffer the heartbreak of not securing one. I’d much prefer a fellow ram - be it a complete stranger of whom I’ve never met and never will meet - gets a ticket over my prem supporting friend or half interested family member who fancies a nice day out. 

Good luck to everyone... I think we are gonna need it. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm beginning to think someone gave my number out for ticket sales.  I've had a text off a friend (?) saying that manu were pants this season so he's gonna get a Rams season ticket next season.  And could I get him a ticket for Wembley.  Really?

3 hours ago, Gap tooth ram said:

For various reasons me and the two other people I go with cannot attend the game (gutted!) and once friends have realised this, they've been asking for our season ticket numbers so they can get tickets.  All requests have been declined.

To be fair I do not see the issue if they’re actual rams fan. If not though, well played sir ??

Still think there should be a separate window before the general sale that seperates those just coming out the woodwork type “fans” who couldn’t name half the squad from those who are proper fans. A window for those who have attended say 5 games this season home or away, and abroad fans who can’t make games regularly but have the ramstv subscription and watch every game and want to visit for the special one. There’d be more than enough tickets to guarantee every one of those a ticket in that second period, and that makes sure the whole core proper fan base who really are season long supporters of the team all get to go to Wembley if they can make it. They’re the ones who deserve guaranteed tickets, not a gamble in a lottery where they could miss out. Leave the rest of the tickets to a lottery gamble for part timer fans and fans of other teams and leave them to a lottery of who gets them or not, then if they get them it’s all fair play, because the true core full time fan base will have already got tickets.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Still think there should be a separate window before the general sale that seperates those just coming out the woodwork type “fans” who couldn’t name half the squad from those who are proper fans. A window for those who have attended say 5 games this season home or away, and abroad fans who can’t make games regularly but have the ramstv subscription and watch every game and want to visit for the special one. There’d be more than enough tickets to guarantee every one of those a ticket in that second period, and that makes sure the whole core proper fan base who really are season long supporters of the team all get to go to Wembley if they can make it. They’re the ones who deserve guaranteed tickets, not a gamble in a lottery where they could miss out. Leave the rest of the tickets to a lottery gamble for part timer fans and fans of other teams and leave them to a lottery of who gets them or not, then if they get them it’s all fair play, because the true core full time fan base will have already got tickets.

Think you have to remember the club have 7 days to sell, despatch in time for 36,000 tickets to be delivered. I’m sure over a longer sales period they would have included more restrictions on buying tickets, but to be fair what ever sales order they put in place some would feel hard done by as they missed out on one game. 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Agreed but there has to be some methodology and I have to accept that I do have a better chance on Sunday  than I would have in a normal lottery.  Booked my flights Malaga, EMA - LGW, MALAGA.  Got my train ticket and just have to hope I haven’t wasted loads of money to sit in a pub in London to watch the game

Archived